Thread: Transient fueling questions

Senior Tuner

Transient fueling questions

Now that I have it this in the right section (Gen4), could someone here elaborate on a few transient fueling settings?:

MAP Filter -What effect does increasing the value have? Does it increase the delay of the transient fuel shot?

Fuel From Wall Stabil. -What effect does effect does increasing the value have?

The reason I ask: I'm trying to get rid of the AFR undershoot/overshoot in my TBSS, it's bugged me ever since the car was new. I've reduced the enable delay to get a much improved throttle response and a slightly reduced undershoot but I had to also decrease maximum mass to keep from way way overshooting, I hate the 'puff' of black smoke when you hit the throttle (and the resulting carbon sooted blackened exhaust tips). I'm thinking transient fuel is loading up in the port after throttle is backed off. Something just has to work short of disabling transient fueling altogether and setting PE to do it all.

Quote Originally Posted by BBA View Post
    Now that I have it this in the right section (Gen4), could someone here elaborate on a few transient fueling settings?:

MAP Filter -What effect does increasing the value have? Does it increase the delay of the transient fuel shot?

Fuel From Wall Stabil. -What effect does effect does increasing the value have?

The reason I ask: I'm trying to get rid of the AFR undershoot/overshoot in my TBSS, it's bugged me ever since the car was new. I've reduced the enable delay to get a much improved throttle response and a slightly reduced undershoot but I had to also decrease maximum mass to keep from way way overshooting, I hate the 'puff' of black smoke when you hit the throttle (and the resulting carbon sooted blackened exhaust tips). I'm thinking transient fuel is loading up in the port after throttle is backed off. Something just has to work short of disabling transient fueling altogether and setting PE to do it all.
    Everything I want to know. MAP Filter Especially
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Bump.