Thread: CTS-V tune help

Potential Tuner

CTS-V tune help

I purchased a used 2011 M6 CTS-V wagon which came with Hennessey cold air intake, Corsa axle back exhaust, 2.55 pulley with ported snout, and tune. I have already ordered an Airaid intake and plan to switch back to stock mufflers in preparation to go catless. I downloaded a stock 2011 CTS-V M6 tune from the HPT website and also downloaded the tune from my car to compare. My only drivability concern currently is what feels like a slight misfire at low rpm and low throttle position. The spark plugs are original it appears and the car has 39K miles, I checked the gap on #1 and it was .040

Does anyone have a good HPT tune file for my mods or would anyone be willing to look over my tune?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzR...it?usp=sharing
    My tune is the David-tune-original.hpt file

I am new to tuning but a few things I noticed and want to change back to stock settings where the knock sensor levels (desensitized the knock sensors), re-enable the LTFTs (they disabled the LTFT by setting the min ECT to 277), and enter stock DFCO settings. As a result of the DFCO changes the car now pops on gear changes. I also did not understand why so much timing was added below 2,000 rpm to the main spark tables.

Thanks,
    David
    Last edited by dtenney; 05-10-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtenney View Post
    I purchased a used 2011 M6 CTS-V wagon which came with Hennessey cold air intake, Corsa axle back exhaust, 2.55 pulley with ported snout, and tune. I have already ordered an Airaid intake and plan to switch back to stock mufflers in preparation to go catless. I downloaded a stock 2011 CTS-V M6 tune from the HPT website and also downloaded the tune from my car to compare. My only drivability concern currently is what feels like a slight misfire at low rpm and low throttle position. The spark plugs are original it appears and the car has 39K miles, I checked the gap on #1 and it was .040

Does anyone have a good HPT tune file for my mods or would anyone be willing to look over my tune?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzR...it?usp=sharing
    My tune is the David-tune-original.hpt file

I am new to tuning but a few things I noticed and want to change back to stock settings where the knock sensor levels (desensitized the knock sensors), re-enable the LTFTs (they disabled the LTFT by setting the min ECT to 277), and enter stock DFCO settings. As a result of the DFCO changes the car now pops on gear changes. I also did not understand why so much timing was added below 2,000 rpm to the main spark tables.

Thanks,
    David
    You're popping on gear changes because clutch fuel cutoff (CFCO) is enabled same as in the stock tune. It has nothing to do with the DFCO changes.
    Last edited by hawk02; 05-10-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
    You're popping on gear changes is because clutch fuel cutoff (CFCO) is enabled same as in the stock tune. It has nothing to do with the DFCO changes.
    That makes sense because the pop does correlate with pushing in the clutch.

PE settings?