Thread: 01 Camaro cammed 6.2 swap doesnt want to idle

Advanced Tuner

01 Camaro cammed 6.2 swap doesnt want to idle

Hello, im tuning a friends cammed 6.2 swapped 2001 Camaro that doesnt want to idle. It does idle really good when in park/neutral but once you throw it in gear i just idles at 400 rpm until it dies(most of the times i cant recover) Here is the tune so you guys can see what it has and also a short lig file. Just dont tell the tune still needs that and that because i know it needs a lot to finish. Right now i first want to focus on getting it to idle and then ill do the rest.

The mods are:
    6.2 l92 engine
    vvt delete
    231/236 .644/.613 on a 113 cam
    102mm tb
    ls3 intake
    4l60e
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone?

Advanced Tuner
    Try this file. It is now in full SD mode,idle airflow is a more believable number and the fuel table in idle is in a better range. The fuel near idle may still need to be leaned but this should get it. This is a relatively small cam and should easily idle at 850. Log the IACposition PID. When idling this should be in the 30-50 range if it is too high,shut the car down, open the blade on the 102 with the idle screw and restart and check. Also the big question, did you have the 58T reluctor changed out for the 24T? If not how are you dealing with the crank signal?

trythis.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you for the tune. I wrote it into the car and seems to be working alot better now. I didnt have time to log it yet but i will play more with it tomorrow. And we didnt change the reluctor wheel, we just installed a lingenfelter converter box.

Advanced Tuner
    If you have issues the box is probably the culprit. I have had many people try them and they didnt work well at all.

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe but how come it works very well at 2k rpm and up and even idles really nice, just when i put it in gear it wants to die?

Advanced Tuner
    You will have to take a look at your idle airflow in gear and adjust and also look at where your load falls in your fuel map when you go from PN to D.

Advanced Tuner
    Okay will do. Thank you for the help.

Looks to me like it needs quite a bit of tuning.

Give this a whirl... should get ya in the ballpark to start adjusting VE.

ShorTuned.hpt
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400