Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LNF LHU LSJ "race" cam timing

Advanced Tuner
    How's this look? Looks like there is still some overlap to take out of the intake cam, but overall they work well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good, but the proof is in the pudding. Only differences from what I settled on (which is just where I stopped. wasn't going to spend months to squeeze every last .005sec out of the tables) are below. Remember, these are just differences that I settled on and was happy with. Not saying better or worse:

intake - I got rid of that stepped plateau from 3500-4500 and just made it a smooth ramp back up to redline.

exhaust - I got rid of that concave dip from ~1500-3500. Also lessened the hump around 1400. Very low loads I used a smooth arch so it wasn't so wavy.

For fun, try making them flat and removing the intake and exhaust humps altogether. I found this made the engine labor and work hard to reach redline.

Advanced Tuner
    I will give those changes a shot. It's so cold here right now that I am getting the car sideways in 3rd gear

Same here. I think it hit 50° a couple nights ago.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, its hitthe 30s here...next week we have highs in the 20s already

We'll sometimes break into the 20's. Usually it's 30's in the winter. Best part about here is we get real temp swings. With a warm winter day we'll go from 70's and sometimes low 80's down to 30's in four hours.

Advanced Tuner
    To bring this back from the dead, I have been using tables similar to the middle ones, which should be a good middle ground cam table. I have been averaging 25 mpg in my Solstice GXP with a good mix of interstate (75-80 mph), in town, and hooning about. I am pretty happy with that, for the power that the tables seem to give. But, in reading a bunch of other threads, I decided to try an interation much closer to stock this past weekend on a road trip, and I noticed the car was loaded up (like running at 2 inhg at 80 mph) and the dash redout showed 22 mpg. This was insane to me!

So, just wanted to give a shout out to Bill's middle range tables, and say thank you for showing off your hard work bill. Been fine tuning my tune and trying to eek out a little more mileage and performance, nothing groundbreaking though. Have my first AutoX in a week and might give the race style tune a shot!

Having the humps added in would seem to add in more mid range torque and get the turbo to light off harder I would think???
    That would explain why it does not feel faster with them flattened out, but why would adding it back in hurt the top end horsepower? Just trying to wrap my head around all of it.

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned