Thread: 6.0 twin turbo. maxed out spark table at only 10 psi. help me fix

Potential Tuner

6.0 twin turbo. maxed out spark table at only 10 psi. help me fix

i read and read and it seems my only option is to rescale the injectors, so ( not done in this tune file ) i changed the flow rate to about half what i had it and tried to rescale all the other tables i could find, but the car wouldnt run. so i loaded back my last working tune ( this one here ) can some one show me how to make it so im not maxed out. i will be running 2 levels of boost, the one this tune is set for 10 psi and as soon as this issue is fixed ill be tuning it for up to 20 psi. i dont want to have to load a different tune every time i change the boost setting. im very very new to hp tuners although i been tuning with other software for a few years so please explain or help me in precise and east to follow terms.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I'm hitting 1.2 g/cyl at about 6 psi. In the same boat. But for now it works as it simply uses the 1.2 line above that.

I was told scale the injectors and VE by the same amount. Then reconstruct the timing table. I haven't tried it yet.

So I too would like to know the exact procedure.

Ron

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSSnova View Post
    I'm hitting 1.2 g/cyl at about 6 psi. In the same boat. But for now it works as it simply uses the 1.2 line above that.

I was told scale the injectors and VE by the same amount. Then reconstruct the timing table. I haven't tried it yet.

So I too would like to know the exact procedure.

Ron
    i tried that and it didnt let the car run for crap. can any one help us?

Potential Tuner
    been a few days i figured this thread would be packed with answers by now.

Advanced Tuner
    Packed. Overflowing!

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    your spark commanded will be what ever you have in the last row

you may try using the SPARK CORRECTION table which goes to 1.55 starting from .80 so put something like -5 in that appropriate are and see if it it actually pulls timing from your main table.

dont tune much Gen III vehicles
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

What was it doing when you loaded the new tune? Did you scale the fueling back in half? Sorry not at the computer to see your tune. Mine is scaled in half and seems to run ok other than idle decay and in drive idle being a tad high. Maybe I can help. This was a common practice on the first Subaru wrx to hit the states due to their g/s limitation.

Potential Tuner
    Check out this it worked great for a turbo build I did.
    http://injectordynamics.com/wp-conte...SteckScale.pdf

Advanced Tuner
    That info relates to the gen 4 PCM. And in those cases it has to be done because the PCM has a hard limit for injector size.
    Are you saying you followed Stecks process for a Gen 3 PCM?
    They are a lot different

I believe gen 3 has a limit as well for cylinder density or whatever.

Advanced Tuner
    Correct. The spark tables airflow max is 1.2 gm/cyl. Roughly 6 psi of boost.

So by halving it you would get a little more, by 1/4ing it even more. I just halved it as I did not want to lose a ton of resolution down low. I feel like by 12 psi I will probably be running the timing that I will run at 17 psi and up for the most part as I am pretty conservative with my timing. I think the timing in the cruise and part throttle areas is probably a little more important to me right this second.