Thread: RAF tuning issue, tune, log, and config inside

Tuner in Training

RAF tuning issue, tune, log, and config inside

So I have been dealing with this issue for a long time. Tried to figure it out but not having any luck.

I start the car cold, while logging RAF, the car will ask for a lot of air, and carry it all the way out to the full hot temps. I copy and past my RAF table into the tune and restart the car, hot, now it calls for about half the amount of air, STIT and LTIT go way negative. I have had my cold AFR lean, rich, right on 14.7, it doesnt matter, still does it. I wish I would have had my wide band plugged in during this log but I didnt.

When the car gets up to around 68*C, over 200 something IAC counts, I shut it off and restart it very quickly and you can see the counts drop to 90. This is making my RAF tuning a real PITA.

The car is a 99, I have upgraded to the 02 OS and it is still doing it. I have to be missing something

Advanced Tuner
    96LT4C4 Mate how many cold starts are you doing?....2 in park/etc are the go and 2 in drive also....LTFT turned off while doing it/ adaptive idle parameters set to zero/zero out LTIT/STIT (adaptive idle max/min) ideal range I have found is somewhere between +/- 0.75-1.0 g/sec mate.....remember ambient temps for different days can affect the readings a tad (LTIT/STIT) if you can mate do the idle-airflow cfg on 2 days back to back....IAC Counts when at running temp shouldn't be anywhere near 200...Check your TPS volts...maybe do a tps relearn unplug both TPS/IAC VALVE Turn ignition on wait 30sec then plug both back in...the counts should not act like that.....will have a look at your tune when on other laptop....cheers Bret ULTIMATE LSX TUNING

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    96LT4C4 Mate how many cold starts are you doing?....2 in park/etc are the go and 2 in drive also....LTFT turned off while doing it/ adaptive idle parameters set to zero/zero out LTIT/STIT (adaptive idle max/min) ideal range I have found is somewhere between +/- 0.75-1.0 g/sec mate.....remember ambient temps for different days can affect the readings a tad (LTIT/STIT) if you can mate do the idle-airflow cfg on 2 days back to back....IAC Counts when at running temp shouldn't be anywhere near 200...Check your TPS volts...maybe do a tps relearn unplug both TPS/IAC VALVE Turn ignition on wait 30sec then plug both back in...the counts should not act like that.....will have a look at your tune when on other laptop....cheers Bret ULTIMATE LSX TUNING
    The car is a 6 speed, I think I have tps voltage logging in the table, around .053 volts, FAST 102 TB, in the above config file. After the car warms up to temp, I can shut it off, restart and run 80-90 IAC counts.

I recentlly switched the OS back to 99, was running on 02 os, the reason for this was beacsue on the 02 os while driving I could push in the clutch and the car would die. The car runs much better on 99 os. It ran great yesterday while driving to work and back. I am going to get some more running air flow logs soon, to see if it is still doing it.
    Last edited by 96LT4C4; 05-08-2014 at 09:45 AM.