Thread: 99 z28 hard to idle until to temp. VERY VERY rich.

99 z28 hard to idle until to temp. VERY VERY rich.

Hey guys have a car at the shop that has some issues. When you start it it has a hard time staying running until it get to a good operating temp. It does not matter how hot it is outside. Also the car smells as if it is dumping fuel out the exhaust. VERY VERY rich. This is not my tune but would anyone be willing to give it a look over.
    99 z28 kb tune.hpt

Here are a few spec.
    Lid
    slp mass air flow size unknown at moment.
    Weiand aluminium 85 mm intake.
    28 lb injectors
    cam unknown
    long tube headers 3" Y pipe with bullet
    862 heads
    built trans
    PTC 3600-3800 lockup 10" converter.
    3.42 gear.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post a log so we can see what the injectors are doing, also cammed vehicles need to run with less fueling at idle
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I will get some. right now we are having an issue with the trans getting hot but think it is from the check valve on the trans return line.

Advanced Tuner
    Compare with stock tune and put every thing back to stock then start over.

Quote Originally Posted by C5 2000 View Post
    Compare with stock tune and put every thing back to stock then start over.
    Been looking at a stock tune on this one vs what is in it now. There are alot of differences.

Advanced Tuner
    slp maf has a resistor (spoof) you can see it attached if you look at the element , its notorious for causing tail chasing when tuning as it reports other than actual airflow , haven't dealt with it personally but have seen it posted enough to beware....
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    slp maf has a resistor (spoof) you can see it attached if you look at the element , its notorious for causing tail chasing when tuning as it reports other than actual airflow , haven't dealt with it personally but have seen it posted enough to beware....
    Thanks for the info. I hope to have a couple logs up in the next few days. I hope that they will shine some light one the issue. I am new to all this and actually have not tuned anything yet. Still learning.

When I opened your file you posted in the first thread, it is named 99 z28 kb tune. When I go to Calibration Details, it is saying that this file is from a 98 firebird/camaro. Something isnt right there. Check that out. Post your stock tune and the current tune. Also some scans.
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More

Quote Originally Posted by 1slowbusa View Post
    When I opened your file you posted in the first thread, it is named 99 z28 kb tune. When I go to Calibration Details, it is saying that this file is from a 98 firebird/camaro. Something isnt right there. Check that out. Post your stock tune and the current tune. Also some scans.
    You are very right. I see that now. The issue is this car was tuned by someone else and i do not have the stock tune for the car since he does. I could probably get it back from him tho.

I hate to admit this but i had a huge brain laps. The car is a 98. Sorry about that.. I have no idea why i have been calling it a 99.

We really need to see some scans. HP tuner has a great scanner and without seeing what the car is doing, it is hard for someone to help you.
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More

I understand. This is the reason I have nor asked for any further help until I can get the logs for you guys. I am hoping to get a few later this week or weekend.

No need to worry about this car any longer. Someone bought it the way it was. Even after going over the issues with them.