Thread: E38 6ltr o.t.r

Advanced Tuner

E38 6ltr o.t.r

Hi there guys, is anyone running a O.T.R on their E38 L76 etc still complete with the MAF and if so after some advice or info where I can read it and advise me on MAF/STFT TUNING etc .....I have the ls1 maf/stft tuning done but now I would like to do the same with a O.T.R E38 6LTR Should I use the E38/E67 cfg?...So if someone could advise/help me and point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated......Cheers Bret ULTIMATE LSX TUNING
    Last edited by THE CHAD; 05-04-2014 at 05:03 AM.

How much did the Otr intake change your trims? I put a Roto-Fab on my girlfriend's G8 GT and the trims were better than then with the stock intake ( closer to zero). What brand otr are you running?
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned

Advanced Tuner
    snowvettte mate using a GM MOTORSPORT RAMJET(aus) works great intake temps are lower than stock as they should be , STFT trims did lean out a bit from my previous tune had to work on them to get say within 2% of each other at part throttle settings... but the LOW/HIGH MAF settings were out a tad I think because of the position of the MAF now compared to the stock position....One thing I did notice was the SPARK ADDERS( IAT SPARK) worked a lot better with this intake than stock arrangement.....trimmed the SPARK ADVANCE a tad due to the fact it wasn't retarding when the intake temps were climbing like before, now they are constant and a lot cooler so timing doesn't seem to change a lot......Thanks for asking and I hope this may have helped....... Cheers Bret ULTIMATE LSX TUNING

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    snowvettte mate using a GM MOTORSPORT RAMJET(aus) works great intake temps are lower than stock as they should be , STFT trims did lean out a bit from my previous tune had to work on them to get say within 2% of each other at part throttle settings... but the LOW/HIGH MAF settings were out a tad I think because of the position of the MAF now compared to the stock position....One thing I did notice was the SPARK ADDERS( IAT SPARK) worked a lot better with this intake than stock arrangement.....trimmed the SPARK ADVANCE a tad due to the fact it wasn't retarding when the intake temps were climbing like before, now they are constant and a lot cooler so timing doesn't seem to change a lot......Thanks for asking and I hope this may have helped....... Cheers Bret ULTIMATE LSX TUNING
    From a standing AFR test, the Ramjet doesn't appears to be effected until around 53'degree's for the IAT but the manifold temp itself will throw it out somewhat once it reaches a certain temp.

I'm wondering how the RAMJET effects transients, currently experimenting with such things....... along with Charge Temp BAIS/Reponse..... eg. A ramjet is like having a corvette intake, the W427 also carries this same style and thus uses those same transients etc.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Advanced Tuner
    Big DaddyCool 53'* for the IAT.... what I have noticed is that with the cooler air been entered the intake manifold runs a tad cooler mate.....I haven't played with the transients so far but why would a bigger cube motor use the same transients...especially with 427 cubes demands more air/fuel etc ......throttle response is better, havent had the OTR reach those temps yet......just like my OTR on my beast never gets anywhere near those temps dude......

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    Big DaddyCool 53'* for the IAT.... what I have noticed is that with the cooler air been entered the intake manifold runs a tad cooler mate.....I haven't played with the transients so far but why would a bigger cube motor use the same transients...especially with 427 cubes demands more air/fuel etc ......throttle response is better, havent had the OTR reach those temps yet......just like my OTR on my beast never gets anywhere near those temps dude......
    How could you have not had the IAT in the 50's......... you only have to sit idle for 15 mins or sit in traffic for like 5 mins......
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Senior Tuner
    some heat matting between the radiator and the otr intake help stop some heat soak...

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    some heat matting between the radiator and the otr intake help stop some heat soak...
    Pictures? Don't see how it'd stop it.

Senior Tuner
    dosnt completely stop it but does help since the radiator is at 90 deg too hot to touch just couple layers of heat proof matting means u can hold your hand on the top easly so not as much heat transfers into it, even on a 30 deg day after driving just pop the hood and the otr is only warm to touch, ill post a pic up when i get back to the laptop...

Senior Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    I couldn't imagine it's good for the hose wrapping it. I can see perhaps a benefit in covering the main part of the radiator sure.... I'm not sure if you are running maf or mafless, but if it's maf wouldn't it have been easier just to wrap the maf to stop the heatsoak from the pipe in this case?..... rather then the pipe for the sake of not overheating it etc by trapping the heat and causing a hotspot where the tap is.

Gives me something to look at tho with covering the top side of the radiator..... I have noticed the radiator does seem to cook the OTR somewhat.

Tuner in Training
    Simple solution!

showimage.php.jpg

Senior Tuner
    yea i probably dont need it on the hose, back before the blower because the iat sensor was just above the hose in the rubber section i had it there to stop heat soak into the sensor, but now with the harrop blower i have the iat in the manifold so it dosnt matter anymore, and with recent tests i have found that the iat sensor dosnt get that affected by heat soak, im also mafless now...

Whats the name of the matt? I wouldnt mind gettin some on my otr

Senior Tuner
    not sure on brand but i got it from an exhaust place just choose your width and then cut it to length... i have two layers and the otr still fits fine...

Tuner in Training
    Dynamat dynaliner