Thread: [NEWBIE ALERT] gen 6 454 with 0411 ECU

[NEWBIE ALERT] gen 6 454 with 0411 ECU

hi everyone. well ive bitten the bullet and got a 0411 and HPtuners for my 1966 impala running a 7400 vortech from a 1996 silverado. thing is im convinced ive hooked it all up right, but i get no sensor data at all on VCM scanner on the guage page. no popping, no spluttering, no fuel pumps, no nothing.

the editor software pulls up the tune file no probs all data present and the VIN shows up, scanner reads and checks for MIL's and nothing is present, but i got nada on the guage page. no IAT, no crank position, no rpm on cranking, no injector times etc etc. just a series of blank guages (no needles)

i have used this pinout diagram to wire it all up. the X's are checked and double checked as present and wired to their correct components, O's and not present.

wiring.xls

ive wired up the OBD2 port as such:

im pretty sure thats working cos' i can pull the tune down and load new tunes to it.

ive loaded this tune:

2003 5.7L _ OE.hpt

because im a noob and it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. im a bit suss on the fact that im just using a single wire (IGNITION CONTROL CYL 1 (LEFT IGN MODULE) PIN 26 WHITE) to run the coil. this engine uses a dizzy/igniter which just requires a trigger wire from the ecu then power and ground extrenally (4x crank reluctor for trigger, cam position [dizzy mounted hall effect] for home). could this be wrong? i followed this diagram and pinout from the book "how to use and upgrade to GM gen III LS series powertrain control systems" by mike noonan

coil.jpg

if anyone can throw some ideas at me, at be most appreciative. just remember:

all earths have been triple checked
    batt + triple checked
    hot/run triple checked.
    and all wires with an X on the excell spread sheet triple checked.

thanks heaps.
    Last edited by ari666; 05-04-2014 at 04:22 AM.

lol. it helps when you select "start scanning" all sensors are getting a response, i can turn the MIL light on and off, but i still have no RPM signal, fuel pump or injectors.

any ideas?

how does VATS affect this? i have it selected as "VATS none" is this enough to bypass it?

ok winning so far. lol, lovin' this one-way convo.

i was viewing as "basic" which meant i couldnt see the "platform" option in system. looked at someone elses chevy express tune and noticed it had "low resolution crank trigger" set as on (1) so set mine and now have rpm on startup! very happy. also, weirdly enough ECT was set to 0 but i had engine temp registering on the guage page, but meh i corrected that too. now just need to figure out what ALT L-term means and im laughing.

but now i got me a wiring issue. seems like the scanner drops out on cranking, so ill need to suss that out tonight after work.

I guess this turned into trial and error with yourself lol.

Good thing you figured most of it out, not sure about the scanner dropping out during cranking.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.