Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LNF Optimum Torque Table

Allright I took the stab at it and it worked got my idle timing better than it ever has been. Only thing is my cruise timing is low. It's lard 18.5* around 40% load if I lightly hit the trotted to maybe 60% it goes to 30* give or take a degree or two I did the optimum spark tables how they are told to do and I set the difference to around 25 in the cruise area ad still nothing

Other way around. When you raise the Optimum Torque you have to raise the timing in the areas where you have dips. Optimum Spark is an urgency table and controls everything.

Just like you have to bump idle timing when you adjust optimum torque, you have to raise timing in part throttle cruise load and rpm areas where you see timing dips.

Quote Originally Posted by codename Bil Doe View Post
    Other way around. When you raise the Optimum Torque you have to raise the timing in the areas where you have dips. Optimum Spark is an urgency table and controls everything.

Just like you have to bump idle timing when you adjust optimum torque, you have to raise timing in part throttle cruise load and rpm areas where you see timing dips.
    My cruise timing is allready at 35 ish and opt spark is in the 60's. But still at 18.5 is does that make a difference

What rpm and load? Actual optimum spark number is irrelevant. Some of my OS numbers are in the 70's. Means nothing. The difference is what's important.

What rpm and load? Actual optimum spark number is irrelevant. Some of my OS numbers are in the 70's. Means nothing. The difference is what's important.
    2400 rpm. And around 40% load I'll post up screen shots in about an hour
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Could you post a tune or pm me? Why is your exhaust cam fluctuating in steady state condition?

Could you post a tune or pm me? Why is your exhaust cam fluctuating in steady state condition?
    I emailed you codename. And the exhaust has always done that.. it never stays straight