Thread: Im new to HP Tuners and am Looking for help

Potential Tuner

Im new to HP Tuners and am Looking for help

Okay, I ordered HP tuners and am getting started today. I have a 70 mm turbo on a pretty much stock 5.3. It still has the MAF. I do have a 340 LPH pump With 80 lbs injectors. it has a small cam but im not sure which. I have a wide band installed and the engine does start and run but smokes like a fright train and the wide band just reads rch, or rich lol. My question is where do i start with this? What about timing, fuel, maf, i would like to get a good solid tune on this MAF then I will probably switch to a SD tune. I have been reading about this for a couple months, so im not new to terms and as far as running a new program, that should be no problem at all! Thanks in advance for all of your help!!!!

is the smoke white, blue or black?

Start by taking 5% increments out of your entire MAF table until it's relatively 1 lambda at idle. Are you running in closed or open loop?

Make sure you have the correct injector settings.
    2006 Chevy Cobalt SS 2.4 Turbo
    320 whp 299 wtq

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by noorjSS View Post
    is the smoke white, blue or black?

Start by taking 5% increments out of your entire MAF table until it's relatively 1 lambda at idle. Are you running in closed or open loop?

Make sure you have the correct injector settings.
    ITs a black smoke. From fuel. I will try that. Im not sure on closed or open loop, I havent hooked anything up yet

Potential Tuner
    Okay I can't even get the car to idle. What else should I try? It just cranks and sometimes it hits but won't stay consistent.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo5.3ta View Post
    Okay I can't even get the car to idle. What else should I try? It just cranks and sometimes it hits but won't stay consistent.
    Put the stock injectors back and see if it runs fine.

If so, you have found out what you need to tune when using much larger than stock injectors.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post file and log if you can
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161