Thread: New to tuning but learning everyday.. Cam only car to bigger cam and heads base tune?

Tuner in Training

New to tuning but learning everyday.. Cam only car to bigger cam and heads base tune?

My personal car is in body shop getting hood painted.. My dads was a cam only car and now has ported and polished milled 241 heads and a much larger cam. What do i need to change in his tune to be safe firing her up? hoping to do in the next week or so and i want to get a base tune for it. Should i just bump up Ve tables 2% or do i just slowly log up the rpm range and make adjustments as we go, and I'm assuming the cam only file is close enough to get her to idle.
    98 Camaro, Fresh ls1, 317s, 9.7:1, 02+ zo6 cam, tc78/68, built 4l60e, 3.42, 3380# 1/4 times yet to come. Previous setup 11.2@121

Advanced Tuner
    Brando mate every one has different ideas on tuning with bigger cam/heads etc got wideband?...R.AF/IDLE/VE TABLES/START UP AIRFLOW ETC...Maybe have a read on idle tuning etc........ http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...e-(w-pictures) ......Cheers Bret Ultimate Lsx Tuning
    Last edited by THE CHAD; 04-30-2014 at 07:22 AM.

Post your tune.
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More