Thread: 05 GTO with blow-through maf

05 GTO with blow-through maf

I have a twin turbo LS2 for my GTO. I have been waiting for the LS2 software to come available, but now that it is I find it doesn't support a 2 bar map.

I've searched several forums including this one and it seems a blow through maf is the only way, but it will be maxed easily with my combo. Does anyone know of a way to safely tune a blow through maf at 800+ HP? Besides an aftermarket EFI system which will be a big problem doing and keeping my stock dash, etc. working, is there any options? Are there any aftermarket maf extenders or maf's that work with the GM LS2 maf? This is a no-brainer with Ford, but I haven't found anything with GM.

Go speed density is the solution, but that isn't possible either at this time.

Jody

there are some hardwae pieces that will allow you to half the MAF outputs....freq and g/sec...then you can just put double values in the IFR table for fueling and command as normal

do a search on here for MAF stuff and I'm sure you'll find it as it wasnt too long ago that it was posted...
    -Scott -

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    there are some hardwae pieces that will allow you to half the MAF outputs....freq and g/sec...then you can just put double values in the IFR table for fueling and command as normal

do a search on here for MAF stuff and I'm sure you'll find it as it wasnt too long ago that it was posted...

Found it but still confused. Thanks for the help, I'm still going to hope I find a simple solution. I've heard the LS2 maf's go a lot further than the LS1 units before pegging, but I don't know. Thought about the maf translator and couldn't find anyone who liked that setup.

Jody