Thread: Speed governor on express van with l96

Speed governor on express van with l96

How would I go about setting the limiter on this van down to 72mph, boss is getting pissed about guys speeding in the vans we have in our fleet. We all have obd2 plug in GPS units in the vans to monitor. Is there a way to make this a soft limiter and not cut fuel etc? I know the dealer can do it but I was just wondering how to do it using hp tuners
    '09 cobalt ss. hahn intercooler, intake, cp,catless downpipe, ottp stage 2 mounts, hptuners, gmpp 3bar tmap sensors, hybrid hp tuned

Senior Tuner
    Have you tried the 'Speedo' settings to set the limiter to where you want it?

Haven't tried anything yet, just wanted to make sure it wasn't gonna feel like it's hitting a wall every time it hits 72.
    '09 cobalt ss. hahn intercooler, intake, cp,catless downpipe, ottp stage 2 mounts, hptuners, gmpp 3bar tmap sensors, hybrid hp tuned

Senior Tuner
    You can use the "ETC" limit, which will simply limit the throttle plate once the VSS reaches 72mph. If it's setup right, it should feel smooth and hold right at the speed you choose.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Thank you, I'll try that