Thread: New to tuning looking for general info.

New to tuning looking for general info.

Hello everyone. I am new to the hp tuners scene and i am looking for general information. I started out by setting up pids and what i wanted the data logger to capture while driving my car to work one day. This info is pretty awesome but i am guessing without using the editor and using 2 credits i cannot look at any tables and so on. One random thing is i set it to look at misfires b/c i think i have a misfire under hard loads but i do not see anywhere that the recording ever shows you a missfire or a chart or anything like that?

Also i have access to another car that was recently tuned. Other than me using another 2 credits to pull the tune there is no way to look at the tables and adjustments in the tune now correct?

You can do a read entire from the tuned car and save the file and not have a use credits.

You have to use credits if you wish to change that tune, which I see no reason to use it. So just read it and save it and click "no thanks" when it asks you to license it, then you can view it and compare it to your vehicles tune.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thank you for the info. It never notified me that I had a reply..