Thread: 2007 Mustang V8 Turbo troubles!

Tuner in Training

2007 Mustang V8 Turbo troubles!

Hello again! my car was becoming strait forward to tune so i bolted a turbo kit on and now i am lost! Can not get a handle on afr when boost comes on and i have tried lots. Here is a list of some of the parts.

on3 67mm torbo spring it came with 8-10lbs boost
    HPX MAF
    60lb sd injectors
    gt500 fp's
    ford racing intake stock tb
    4.75 strocker
    colder plugs gapped .025
    ported heads 127450 comp cams
    9.3cr

Thanks for having a look. Hopefully its like most times im on here and i have just missed stuff.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by keegan438; 04-27-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Tuner
    bro you have a F*ck up maf curve first dial it in

Tuner in Training
    The problem i am having is that no matter how much fuel i add or take away when i get into boost the car spikes lean. I think i am hitting the computers airflow max and need to scale but i am unclear on how to do this. The tune i have posted is with tons of fuel added i can get out of boost dialed in up to about 3-4v then it goes crazy and does not respond to changes i have only tried a few runs into boost for fear of damage.

Tuner
    where is the maf located is it draw thru or blow thru, need to turn off cylair anticipation login until you get your maf dialed in first most important thing in ford is dial in injector parameters and maf curve then do the load with failed maf and speed density stuff

Tuner in Training
    its blow through and i got my injector data on here maybe i looked at the wrong ones. I have changed so many things in my tune i should probably start over.

Tuner in Training
    Like witchertorque said, turn off anticipation logic until you get the maf dialed in, then dial in the Load with Failed Maf table. Starting over would be a great idea since you'll be going in circles trying to find out what needs to be added or removed in order to get the car dialed in.

Tuner in Training
    Thought i would share what fixed my lean spiking problem, I had to scale my tune it took a while to figure but it was very clear when i re read the ulltimate ford EFI tuning guide, a must read and very useful tool for green horns like me!

Glad you fixed it, but there is no reason to scale a tune on a 2005-2010 Mustang.

Tuner in Training
    You have got my attention saying that I do not have to scale the tune because my car is a dog now but it will make fuel corrections on the top now can I raise the airflow limits some how? Am I missing a piece to the puzzle here because in the Ford feel injection book it says to scale the tune on higher power vehicles I am making 510 to the wheels on a mustang dyno that's not extreme. I could not add fuel above 3500 rpm's until I scaled the tune and then tuning was fine above there so if there's another fix which allows me to keep the tune not scaled I'm all ears! thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by keegan438 View Post
    You have got my attention saying that I do not have to scale the tune because my car is a dog now but it will make fuel corrections on the top now can I raise the airflow limits some how? Am I missing a piece to the puzzle here because in the Ford feel injection book it says to scale the tune on higher power vehicles I am making 510 to the wheels on a mustang dyno that's not extreme. I could not add fuel above 3500 rpm's until I scaled the tune and then tuning was fine above there so if there's another fix which allows me to keep the tune not scaled I'm all ears! thanks for the help!
    The earlier Ford PCMs were limited by a 63.99 #/min airflow limit. The 2005+ and newer Mustangs do not have the limit. If it stopped responding, something else in the tune was not setup properly.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC