Thread: 99 2.4l cavalier tuning help

Potential Tuner

99 2.4l cavalier tuning help

ok guys I have a few questions about tuning. first off ill let you know what all is done with the cavalier. Weisco forged pistons 9:1 eagle rods clevite bearings fully balanced rotating assembly. Port and polished head 1mm oversized ss valves. Secret cams Ho Mani 60lbs injectors racetronic fuel pump full 2.5" exhaust t3/t4 turbo wideband o2. 2 bar map

So my question is could I use a tune in the repository files for a 00+ 2.4?
    I know that the gm s/c reflash will cause the gauges to not function is that true?

I have not connected to the car to get the stock tune yet which I know I need to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by jons2000z24 View Post
    ok guys I have a few questions about tuning. first off ill let you know what all is done with the cavalier. Weisco forged pistons 9:1 eagle rods clevite bearings fully balanced rotating assembly. Port and polished head 1mm oversized ss valves. Secret cams Ho Mani 60lbs injectors racetronic fuel pump full 2.5" exhaust t3/t4 turbo wideband o2. 2 bar map

So my question is could I use a tune in the repository files for a 00+ 2.4?
    I know that the gm s/c reflash will cause the gauges to not function is that true?

I have not connected to the car to get the stock tune yet which I know I need to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes you could. As you stated you will loose some gauge functions.