Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sharing my bad, popping race tunes - looking for some direction

First, listen to the well known tuners for advice (Mike, overbooster, etc). You are not understanding many things you are changing and need to read on these forums a bit more to understand how to tune (not trying to be rude). These engines read in lambda, forget about AFR. Shoot for .88 lambda near WOT like Mike said. Smooth your tables. READ READ READ READ other threads about lambda, timing, boost tables etc. Make small amounts of changes to see what affects they have, if you change too many things at once, you'll be chasing your tail too much. Honestly I'd start over from scratch on the tune if you're seeing that much knock.
    Last edited by 08VRSS; 04-29-2014 at 11:07 AM.
    The Daily: 08 SS/TC, fully built 2.0L LDK, Wiseco pistons, K1 rods, ARP head studs, upgraded main bolts, S257sx-e, Opels, ZZP stage 2 cams, BRC 5th injector, E47, AEM E85 fuel pump, custom 3.5" intake and PCV system, custom catless downpipe, 4.05 LSD, custom KY frankenclutch, ZZP full 3" catback with res and muffler, lowered on CM springs, lots of other ZZP parts, built and tuned by BRC Tuning.

PICK TWO: CHEAP, FAST, RELIABLE

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM173 View Post
    T-man you bring up a very good point about the 10% ethanol and the air/fuel ratio but... I feel like it's still smoke and mirrors.

Juice said he wouldn't run .88 on 93 octane. Regardless if their is ethanol in it or not it is still equal to the same lambda. This is why people should drop the notion of air/fuel ratio.

T-man I know you know this so don't think I was trying to school you I'm just simply trying to say that for our cars .88 is perfectly fine.
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

I wanted to sneak in here from work to thank you all again for your time, help and advice. I have been meaning to read through all the posts slowly and reply (also post my updated tune). Work has been so busy, I can't wait to sit down and update this thread. Last night I was able to fix 3 big trucks on the street after work and made as much as I make in a week. So please bear with me, I will get up to speed and follow closely the great tips given here. And hi Alex!
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado