Thread: EGR position voltage obd data

Potential Tuner

EGR position voltage obd data

Hi all!

I connected my NGK Powerdex AFX´s 0-5V output to the EGR-pin for scanning, so i don´t have to mess around with the enhanced io-plug on the MPVI-interface every time i want to scan my car. Scanning with custom PID works great, i´m really glad i found the howto on "wideband through egr" on this board.
    Now i installed a free programmable display (modified Audi Q7 mirror, arduino controlled oled display with obd-connection) where i can show any value i can access over obd. Basic stuff like RPM, engine coolant temperature and so on are no problem, but it would be great to get the specific data for reading EGR position voltage to use this display also as AFR-gauge.
    Does anybody know the data to read this voltage value via obd? PID (hex), data bytes returned, min value, max value, units, formula?

Tuner
    You can try this, if it's still actual:

$1143 EGR PINTLE POSITION AD RESULT
    VOLTS = 5N/256

$1152 EGR RESCALLED PINTLE POSITION
    % = 100N/256

$1177 EGR DESIRED PINTLE POSITION
    % = 100N/256

$11BB EGR CLOSED VALVE PINTLE POSITION
    VOLTS = 5N/256

If your using any of the default Arduino example code to display anything other than the generic SAE PIDS's that area allready avail in the code, you may have problems... I have been working on my own version that works to detect GM Knock or any other GM specific pid... something I could not get any of the online versions to do... lemme know.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires