Thread: Where to start?

Potential Tuner

Where to start?

Well here goes. Just got my hptuners the other day. Loaded it on my mac via bootcamp. Now the question is where to start? I am extremely new to this and really just using the scanner so far. Kinda afraid to touch anything not wanting to screw anything up. I really don't want to buy a 450.00 video or let someone tune my car, i wanna learn it myself but where to start?
    I have a 01 5.3 with roughly 2000 miles since rebuild in a 89 jeep wrangler. The 5.3 is all stock except the cam and 33# injectors. I just installed the injectors because from what i read on a data log, I was maxing them out at 100%. Buy a wide band is my next buy.
    I bought a mail order tune from a vender on ls1tech and not real happy with it. Just don't seem smooth to me.
    So if anyone can give me a direction I would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Tuner
    First, buy a quality wideband, such as NGK AFX, second if you didnt change the tune for the injectors do that. You can look at my guide I started and go from there.. Do alot of reading and try to understand what it is talking about. I have a 5.3 in my 97 Jeep TJ and currently working on the tune.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-%28In-Work%29

For injectors look at the flow rate calc here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ng-Conversions

Tuner
    Once you have your injectors sorted you can tune speed density using this method, http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...to_user_sd.htm

Once my guide is done it will have a more efficient method and will include MAF tuning to make it accurate.

Potential Tuner
    well I can't find any injector data on the injectors. I changed the values from 25.5(stock) to 33 on the fuel table. It seems like its running rich. I got my wideband in today and will have it installed tomorrow. Any help will be appreciated

You need to make sure you get the injector data set correct or everything else associated with that, AFR etc will be wrong. Do a search for injector data till you find the correct data.
    2002 WS-6, Built A-4, 3000 stall, Lid and K&N, ported TB, 220/224, .551, 114 LSA, roller rockers, LT's, 2.5" true duals with X-pipe, Koni adjustable front and Bilstein rears with Hotchkis springs, front bar and bushings, welded SFC's, boxed LCA's., Midnight Blue trimmed in silver, silver face gauges, custom hood bird, HPT (with lot's of tuning)

Potential Tuner
    Cant find anything about my Fast 33# injectors other than another forum saying that they are a plug and play injector. Meaning that all I have to do is change the flow rating. So that being said could I down load all the injector data from a stock ls2 file and change the flow rating to the correct setting and be good?

Potential Tuner

Potential Tuner
    I'm running windows on a mac and I don't have excel so it won't open

open it through googledocs
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06