Thread: 13/14 GT500 Tuning Information

13/14 GT500 Tuning Information

I just finished up the 2013/2014 GT500 definition and figured I better give you guys a heads up.

If you ever dyno one of these cars stock, you will notice the throttle shuts down some. If you swap a pulley and do not touch the tune, the car will dyno exactly the same. The reason for this is the PCM is using a load limit (not used in any other Copperhead that I have seen).

There are two tables that are used to limit the calculated load. One is RPM vs ECT, the other is RPM vs MCT. The hotter the car gets the less load it will be allowed to make, or in other words, it will make less power. Add a pulley and since it would naturally have a higher load, the PCM reacts by shutting the throttle even more, so the boost ends up about the same.

See below:

Another thing about the 13/14 GT500, is that it is setup to use the Driver Demand Engine table exclusively, because the Pedal Pos WOT Start and End are set to the max. So you can either setup the high TP area of the table to account for the new power, or lower the WOP Start and End values. I generally just plug in the values from the earlier GT500s (525 for the start, 571 for the end).

Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Nice info Eric just waiting to tune one at my shop
    gonna write something just like bill did before

If I hear when will ford DMRs would be ready one more time......

hahaaha just a smal joke you guys are doing an awesome job

Now that the 2.25 is out and you guys are able to license and write, the Scanner is priority. Hopefully not too long.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Any updates on the scanner for the GT500?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Any updates on the scanner for the GT500?
    Not yet. Should be done soon though.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    I'm pumped for the day!

Awesome info! I have one here at the shop for this issue. It was SCT tuned with a stage 3 power package from another vendor, on the street it will hit 15-16psi with the under drive pulley on but boost differs by the day. In the next few hours we will have it strapped down to our dyno to start tweaking. Glad you pointed this out!
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Very good info...

Advanced Tuner
    Back from the dead...

Im having a boost limiting issue on a 4.5L Whipple 2013 GT500 with a 3.25 upper and 10% lower. Boost is sometimes 8 psi, and other times its 25 psi, which is where it should be. Ive already increase the load limiting tables, etc tq mgt tables. May I be missing something?
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Quote Originally Posted by STAGEUP View Post
    Back from the dead...

Im having a boost limiting issue on a 4.5L Whipple 2013 GT500 with a 3.25 upper and 10% lower. Boost is sometimes 8 psi, and other times its 25 psi, which is where it should be. Ive already increase the load limiting tables, etc tq mgt tables. May I be missing something?
    Is the throttle closing? If so, log Driver Demand Limit Source and see what is causing it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Eric, ill keep us posted
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,

Advanced Tuner
    Welp, says "No limit Active" when its boost incorrectly and when it boosts correctly. Can it be something to do with the bypass valve? It never did this until we added the smaller upper and larger lower pullies.

Quote Originally Posted by STAGEUP View Post
    Welp, says "No limit Active" when its boost incorrectly and when it boosts correctly. Can it be something to do with the bypass valve? It never did this until we added the smaller upper and larger lower pullies.
    Sounds like your issue is bypass or belt slip related.

Tuner
    STAGEUP, I have seen this before on a 4.0 Whipple on a Coyote. Verify if the bypass is a modified bypass for when you have cams.

Potential Tuner
    Old thread but have a couple questions, maybe someone or Eric can help out with. I'm looking for a couple tables I believe should be in this file but maybe I'm missing them. The max timing table, similar to the cylinder pressure limit, max maf counts and throttle angle minimum at idle. Does anyone know if these tables are in here on a 2014 GT500 with the FGFC3B5 OS?

Advanced Tuner
    yep they are

If you can't access them you'll need to put in a ticket to get them added.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/