Thread: thanks yet again HPT customer support.....

thanks yet again HPT customer support.....

I've been tuning with HPT, and several of the other major brands out there-for quite some time, and more than once over the years I've experienced issues here or there that were outside of my control. It happens, this shit ain't easy in this constantly evolving technological world we live in. I'd like to give a shout out to the guys at HP, as I feel they don't get the appreciation they deserve for the efforts they put forth. Anyone out there making a life tuning hotrods knows there's nothing more frustrating than having a problem in front of you that you have little power to solve, frustration which can be multiplied by at least 10 if the customer and 37 of his closest friends happens to be there, watching and waiting for his tune. And I can't think of another profession in which as much work gets done after hours as between 9-5. While I'm fully aware the other companies I deal with on a regular basis do their best to get us thru, I'd need to take at least one of my shoes off to count the number of times I've gotten HPT assistance long after the lights go out at 6:00 pm.

So basically this is that. This is me, thanking the crew at HPT (in this case Bill and Iot in particular) for busting ass and salvaging what was shaping up to be nothing but catastrophe for me last week. You guys are nothing short of computer badasses. I know you guys don't hear it enough. Again, I can't put into words how much I appreciate the service and dedication over the years.....

I have received support from Bill on non bussiness hours
    Once I was stranded street tuning in the middle of nowhere and the PCM locked, didn't let me flash and the car didn't start. Bill helped me to gain access to the PCM and I was able to flash the car and start it.

This kind of support is as valuable as gold. I never hesitate to spend my money when a company has good support.
    Other companies don't even answer emails. They won't get a penny from me again
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Advanced Tuner
    Yes Bill has helped me out several times after what is considered normal working hours for most businesses out there and I could not describe how much I appreciate it! Weekends even holidays he has responded to my emails in a pretty quick time frame.

I remember one instance in particular I had an issue and I believe it was like 11:00 pm on a Saturday night so I shoot Bill an email and all be damned I swear it wasn't 15 minutes later I had a response back. No complaints from me what so ever with HPT's customer service!
    Last edited by KLUG'S SS; 04-21-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

While I am not technically a support person, I do check my emails and the forums around the clock in case someone is in need. My help is limited to the Ford section though.

As a tuner myself, I know how frustrating it is to be stuck on the dyno with an tuning software issues.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

They do pretty damn good. Now if Chris would just find those IVT calculation coefficients...

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    While I am not technically a support person, I do check my emails and the forums around the clock in case someone is in need. My help is limited to the Ford section though.

As a tuner myself, I know how frustrating it is to be stuck on the dyno with an tuning software issues.
    Thanks again for the beta on a saturday!