Thread: E38 PCM setup

Potential Tuner

E38 PCM setup

Hi I have posted a couple of questions in regards to the setup and capabilities of the e38/hp tuners combo in the
    GM V8 Miscellaneous Tuning subforum. I have not recurved an answer for a few days now, should I repost in here?

Just because you ask a question, doesn't mean that it will be answered. Your questions were related to a custom conversion - which is what many of the professional tuners who frequent this forum do for a living. Kind of like emailing Howell or SpearTech and asking them for instructions on how to build a wiring harness.

Potential Tuner
    No not the same really.. im looking for answers on the capability of the HP Tuners Software - this should all be public knowledge so that the people (professional tuners or not) know what is possible once they have purchased the software.

It would assume that it would also benefit HP Tuners themselves as public knowledge of more features may lead to new sales.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Hi,

The e38 PCM has 2x fan control outputs.

I was wondering if it is possible to use one of these outputs to control a fan using PWM and the other output to simply trigger a relay (discrete). Furthermore i would like to be able to use engine oil temperature to map the on and off points for one of these outputs.

Is this currently possible? And if Not are you able to implement such control?

Cheers
    Peter
    You may wish to reread some of your own posts ... the above is in relation to a custom conversion, and has very little to do with using the HPT software.

This type of question / use has no effect on HPT's sales. You are merely trying to make an argument as to why professional shops should "give" you their privately held R&D.