Thread: Check my sanity, 414 in C5 Z06

Check my sanity, 414 in C5 Z06

Hey guys, I have an issue that has stumped me all weekend. I am working on a 2002 Z06 with a 414 LS3 based stroker, 12:1 cr, LS3 heads, GM LS3 hot cam, LS7 injectors, LS2 90mm TB, LS3 MAF, 24x/1x 411 PCM.

I have the MAF disabled, that's a whole other issue. I am in speed density with the MAF failed and LTFT's off. I started with the Z06 base cal, inserted LS7 injector data, edited displacement and bumped up the idle speed. I cannot get the engine to stay running, it will fire and idle at commanded speed for about 5 seconds then just dies. I have resolved issues like this before with RAF tuning but I cannot keep this thing running long enough to log any data. I have turned the RAF up slowly all the way 4 lbs/m and made no progress. I also have messed with the VE table a lot, to no success.

When the engine is about to die, I cannot recover it with throttle input, it just dies. My LM-2 is a POS and has not cooperated with me at all on this job, so I have not AFR data to share.

Any help would be great. This job has so many mechanical variables, I don't know if im fighting the tune or a incompatibility with hardware
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1971 Olds Cutlass Supreme
    6.0/4L80E;
    Single turbo - Gen 3 controls, HPT 2bar OS

2014 Sierra Denali
    L86 6.2/6L80E; HPT e85

2005 Chevy Colorado
    LH6 5.3/M5 swap; Cone Killa

Your not in SD mode, set your Maf DTC's to 2-no mil.

Russ Kemp

How are you controlling the throttle body? is it DBW or did you do a DBC conversion?
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

It is a stock LS2 90mm TB. I did not build the car, but I asked if this would work, the builder who is a GM engineer said it would work. I asked if he was sure, he said yup. So far it works.

Russ K, you where right, that was my issue. Purs like a kitten now. Thanks for catching my oversight. Now I hang my head in shame for such a simple mistake.
    1971 Olds Cutlass Supreme
    6.0/4L80E;
    Single turbo - Gen 3 controls, HPT 2bar OS

2014 Sierra Denali
    L86 6.2/6L80E; HPT e85

2005 Chevy Colorado
    LH6 5.3/M5 swap; Cone Killa