Thread: TCM can't be found, cannot write calibration - need help ASAP!

Advanced Tuner

TCM can't be found, cannot write calibration - need help ASAP!

A friend wanted the DoD turned off in his 08 avalanche yesterday. I did the tuning and we took it for a test drive, no issues everything is great. When we get back he tells me he wants an EVAP dtc deleted. i go into the file i had just flashed, turned off the code, and went to write the calibration. i got an error message saying the the TCM couldn't be found. Now the traction control light is on, it says service stabiltrak, and the truck doesn't hardly move. I tried unplugging the fuses, disconnecting the battery, and everything else i could find in a search on here. i've emailed support with an infolog but haven't got a response yet.

I need to know what to do here. it appears the TCM was fried somehow or just coincidentally went bad the moment i tried to flash a new file. If i have to get a new one, can i use one out of a salvage yard vehicle, or do i have to find a very specific one with similar serial number/OS? Is there anyway the truck can be fixed without replacing the TCM?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. this truck is my buddy's wife's and we need it running as soon as possible.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    got a new beta to try in the morning, hopefully it works. if not, them i'm off to the salvage yard to find a replacement.

Thanks to Bill & the crew at HPT support! I appreciate the timely response and help.

2.24 isn't a beta FYI. 592 is just an updated build.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    yep you're right, my bad.....i've slept like 5 hours in the last three days, i'm a little off right now, lol. "beta" was the only thing that immediately came to mind.

Tuner in Training
    more than likely the tcm is fried .

Advanced Tuner
    Nope. I contacted support and they found a bug...got it fixed & the truck flashed without issue.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    These tcm's, believe it or not, are very tough to fry. If you ever run into an issue such as this its usually as simple as emailing support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"