Thread: reman PCM flash

Tuner

reman PCM flash

I just purchased a reman PCM from NAPA they said it had to be flashed, I thought no problem HP Tuner to the rescue. Wrong. I have the Standard not the pro, I didn't think it would cost me any credits, when I went to flash entire I got the RED warning sign, so I thought not that big a deal I have two credits so I will burn them, so I clicked on the 2 credit tab but it would not recognize it. I have looked every where to find the answer, but to no avail. can anyone help me?

1 Will a factory reman going in the same vehicle I have already bought credits for cost me 2 more credits?
    2 If so why wont it recognize when I click on the 2 credit tab?

Thanks in advance

If it's a blank ECM, HPT can't flash it.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner
    Oh No!!!! what do I have to do now? I guess a local shop can flash it? or what would be the best? I would prefer not to have it tuned by mail, but I could its not a daily driver, and I guess its only money, and education is expensive, Ha.

Which PCM is it? year, model, what?
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner
    2000 Chevy silverado

That PCM can be flashed with Hpt, but sometimes they have no serial number so you need a unlimited group license to do it.
    Post a screnshot of the error you get
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner
    It don't give a err, Hpt will read the new one but shows all xxxx's for serial number, when I select "right all" it comes up with the red flashing alert that says I don't have license for this task. In the same window is we're it shows your credits and the costs. But it still won't let me click on 2 credits to purchase license. I an not sure how to do a screen shot yet, I will post one when I get it figured out. Thanks

SCREEN SHOT =
    while on the page you want to capture...hit print screen on computer.....open up paint...and paste it to there and save.

Tuner
    That sounds like what it is, because the reman PCM has no ser number, I can find paint on my laptop, but will try and figure it out. thanks

Advanced Tuner
    It has to have software loaded initially with a Tech 2 or similar before HPT can read it.
    You have a blank PCM with no software loaded.
    Talk to a dealership or a shop with a Tech2 and SPS. This is why is is usually cheaper to buy used PCMs than new or remans.

Tuner
    Ok thanks for the info, I guess if I buy a used PCM it would cost me a couple credits to get it registered?

Tuner
    used pcm = 2 credits, if you need the VIN to match, possibly 2 more credits.