Thread: 1bar SD MAF enhanced question

Tuner in Training

1bar SD MAF enhanced question

So I have a LQ9 .030 over and LS3 heads a very large cam, trun. kit, valve springs, LS3 intake manifold, 92mm Fast throttle body, 90lb. fast inj., dual O44 pumps, and the works with a 03 suburban ECM. I have been having some trouble getting this thing to idle right and it will not hold a idle at all. It just stays roughly around 1700 rpm with zero throttle input. I have set my target idle speed and dialed in the new injectors. We are forcing the computer into SD mode as we plan to run boost next year. Also for the majority of the tracks we go to the weather conditions vary so much that open loop control with wide band is the way to go. Any thoughts as to why we can not get it to hold steady idle?

2014-04-04 Basemap1.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I also can not get the car to idle anywhere close to 60kpa. It just sits around 20kpa while trying to idle but will not drop below 1350 rpm while afr is at about 13.9 to 14.2 Really need some help on this one!

Advanced Tuner
    RDEO9 mate have you dialed in your BASE RUNNING AIRFLOW yet, looks a little high dude......use the R kemp cfg airflow.cfg .......adaptive idle airflow numbers don't look right /max/min gear p/n?......use your wideband and dial in the VE map.....I noticed your stoich is 14.22222 are running ethanol?....your underspeed is quite high ie 15.0* at -300 rpm etc why so high mate......if your idle quality isn't the best I wouldn't have them set like that tune out in other areas.....Any vacuum leaks ? throttle not being held open? whats the volt reading of the TPS at idle mate?Got a scan when this is happening?......Do you have cats or removed them?..Just noticed C.O.T DISABLED .....If you could organize a scan would help greatly cheers Bret Ultimate Lsx Tuning

Tuner in Training
    Ultimate lsx tuning I have a scan of the recent run. We might have a vacuum leak as when supplied with the engine harness we had some wiring issues causing it to pop back through the intake. We are also running 50/50 aviation fuel and pump 92. We have one monster cam. We do not have cats. This is in our drift machine. I will have the scan here. Take a look at it and tell me what you think?

3rdwarmup.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    TPS seems to stay at 0%. So perhaps that is the issue?

Ron
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

Advanced Tuner
    Can't seem to be able to read log dude will try later...RDE09 done a throttle reset
    Last edited by THE CHAD; 04-20-2014 at 04:38 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I have not done a throttle reset yet at all ultimate lsx tuning. RonSSnova I am not sure this would really effect it. I think that I might need to change some settings to the rundown and I do not think that my VE table is set correctly. I was given a basemap and was just screwed on it. When I went to fire it up it was popping through the intake manifold and was getting way too much fuel. Completely fowled the plugs. Cam duration in. 304 ex. 312 lift in .612 ex. 595. Motor is solid. Just need to get her running right.

Tuner in Training
    Really need someone's help here. I have some more scans available.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    RDEO9 mate have you dialed in your BASE RUNNING AIRFLOW yet, looks a little high dude......
    Agree. Remove 25% from that table and see what it does.

Advanced Tuner
    Also, use stock values with all Adaptive Idle Airflow -fields for now.

Tuner in Training
    So I have her running a lot better but straight off idle when blipping throttle I get a hesitation. Can someone check the scan and tell me what they think? We are running 50/50 aviation fuel and 92 octane. Seems to be a lot happier at idle with a AFR of 19:1 at idle. Seems a little lean to me. When I blip throttle it doesn't come down back to idle as well. It stays right around 1200rpm instead of 875rpm. Sounding healthy. Just need to work out some bugs. Adjusted the VE map a bunch more. Cheers

2014-04-04 Basemap2.hptSecond warm up.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Anything guys? I have adjusted a few different things. I am thinking because the cam is so big that the VE table for needs to change where it likes to idle along with the timing. Seems to have a stutter right on throttle. Cam is listed above.

Advanced Tuner
    RDE09 , Mate your right 19:1 is lean......Got a wideband mate and if so what is the reading in lambda through hpt?.............Throttle cracker could do with some work.(idle hanging0..........your idle spark advance in park/drive mate needs a little work ie your main spark advance tables(ho) cant have less timing than the idle spark advance (20*drive and high octane approx. 15* so when you pull out of say reverse and into drive you a most likely to have stumbles or stall when you go to accelerate ....underspeed/overspeed tables are they stock at moment.....spark adders are they stock also....what you need to do is sort out the idle conditions mate get that AFR/LAMBDA down to stoich to suit that fuel...so with a wideband it is 1.0..........that VE table is that a stock table to start with....Mate that BASE RUNNING AIRFLOW needs work dude........use this to dial in your R.A.F... idle-airflow.cfg ......also mate another good thing to read is this http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ictures)....it will aid in idle tuning and get you heading in right direction....if need any help don't hesitate to contact cheers Bret Ultimate Lsx Tuning