Thread: Max Lean at WOT??

Tuner in Training

Max Lean at WOT??

I have a 2001 Camaro SS M6 that I received. I hooked up my hp tuner cable up to it to read the tune so I could tune it and I got a 6000 error code. I did some research and it said that the car may have had a handheld tuner hooked to it at one point and had a canned tune. So I tryed pulling the radio fuse as well as cycling the key on and off and had no luck. So I did a write entire putting my buddies 2002 Camaro SS Auto tune in it and downloaded a stock Manual stune from the repository and changed ALL the parameters to match the manual tune and it runs great with everything except WOT. I goes waaaay lean at WOT. At one point I hit 4,000 rpm and it hit PE mode and went to 12.5 afr but it only did it once. Car has SLP intake, SLP MAF, SLP headers and Offroad Y pipe into SLP exhaust. I tried changing the PE tables and had no luck, Any other Ideas I could try?

jose's camaro log 1.hpl
    Jose Gonzales 2001 Camaro SS Tune 1.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I tried pulling the tune out of my buddies 98 camaro z28 and writing it to the SS but it must have a different program as it wont accept the calibration. Ive gone thru the stock tune 4 times and I know I havent missed anything. All of the sensors seem to be working fine. The throttle only opens 80% it says thru the scanner... could this be part of the problem?

Tuner in Training
    I can't see fuel trims in your log, but I bet they are way high. It is going into PE mode, but the commanded and actual AFR are way off. The cylinder airmass looks really low so I think the maf is stuffed. Try disconnecting it, I'll bet it runs better. Best to put a good stock maf back on there.

Also looks like the throttle isn't opening fully. Have a look at the cable the throttle body, should be easy to figure out. If it is opening fully the TPS might be bad, but I don't think that's causing your lean problem. It is going into PE correctly.

Tuner in Training
    Ok great! I'll check that out tomorrow and put the stock maf readings back in!

Advanced Tuner
    Are you sure the WB is working correctly? Injector pulse increases when it goes into PE as expected.
    I'd expect the car to see spark retard going that lean....if it's real.
    Agree the MAF is hosed. It's not seeing enough airflow to get to the correct part of the spark table.
    If the MAF has the IAT in it, you can't simply unplug it. But you can fail it in the tune. Put the car in SD mode.

Ron
    Last edited by RonSSnova; 04-20-2014 at 12:31 AM.
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    change to SD tune and see how it goes
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Well I found out the SLP MAF is junk. I was getting readings outta it but for some reason it was causing it to not go WOT and max lean. Unplugged it and tuned in OL and all is good until we buy a new maf!