Thread: E39 Driver Demand Tables

Potential Tuner

E39 Driver Demand Tables

I have a couple questions on the Driver Demand Tables that I haven't found the answers to in the help section or a thread here. Not sure this really matters, just want to understand it better. First question is why is the DD table calculated in kW instead of ft. lbs. like the engine torque tables?

Second question.. In the lower ranges of the DD table where there is a negative value (which I know should not be altered). Is this "engine Braking" for lack of a better term? And the reason at low speed driving, when you let off the pedal there is a braking like effect?

Attachment 43927

I have questions about this too! From what I understand this is the requested power per pedal position. Upping it SLIGHTLY has netted me good gains. But now a buddy of mine is telling me to zero it out??
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Tuner in Training
    IIRC, the negative is a result of the scale being mph related rather than VSS.

Some M6 drivers mess with the low TPS to get it to blip up faster for rev matching. IMO, If you need more power, just press your foot more. For an M6, I'd raise 44% to 86% by 10 - 15% to smooth in the the extra power at WOT from your tune.

I left it alone below 38% and followed my M6 suggestion. With an A6, part throttle driver demand I'd adjust in conjunction with your shift points for a unified driving experience. I've reduced the frequency of part throttle downshifts, so the car feels more responsive in traffic. At higher TPS, I let it downshift as needed.

I had told boost to zero out the driver demand reduced power mode table.I was thinking that this table was for limiting the other 3 tables. That this was the amount the others would draw down so reducing power. I am not sure now maybe it is just for when goes into limp mode? Then uses this table? I zeroed mine out and went and drove the car and felt better on the down shifts was actually holding throttle at 84% the whole run but it also was 58 degrees out during that log so probably the colder weather and not the table I am now seeing. I have found this problem we all seem to have with throttle chopping is very much temp sensitive and when it is cold it wont do it.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Potential Tuner
    I guess we are not the only ones confused...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-Driver-Demand