Thread: DBW Throttle Segment Swap...Is there such a thing?

Tuner in Training

DBW Throttle Segment Swap...Is there such a thing?

Throwing this out there...has anyone attempted or considered a segment swap of the DBW throttle control in a C5 PCM (0411 is what I'm running)? My DBW works great as expected running the 2003 Z06 OS, but in order for better integration into my Sonoma, I need to run a 2002-ish Silverado or G-van OS. I ordered the Silverado throttle components, but ultimately is a segment swap something realistic for DBW throttle control such that I could have the Z06 APP/TAC/TB controlling the 2002 Silverado OS? As a 2nd question, I see there is a 2002 Silverado OS in the repository but I'm assuming it's DBC...is it possible to enable DBW on the 2002 Silverado DBC OS (they DID come with both that year between SUV and truck)?

DBW

Tuner in Training
    Update...over the course of 2 weeks of fruitless forum searching and googling in general, I changed some settings on a whim and it's something I don't think anyone ever expected (at least I didn't). All I had to do was enable electronic throttle control in the platform options matrix on the 2002 Silverado OS and my 2003 Z06 DBW system works perfectly. I haven't tried it with cruise or driving hard, but I get a full TPS sweep to 100% and it all works as it did using the Z06 OS. booyah!

Advanced Tuner
    Well that's exactly what the matrix is for. Like you said some of the trucks had the DBW in 99-02 that was very similar to the LS1 set up.
    As a note, this will only work for 99-02 Silverado OS/ PCM as 03+ use different PCMs that are not compatible with the LS1 throttle system.