Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010/2011 Camaro 3.6ltr v6 beta

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

2010/2011 Camaro 3.6ltr v6 beta

If you would like in on the beta for these vehicles email me at bill at hptuners . com with your serial number and I'll get you set up as we are ready to go to beta now.

Thanks,
    Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Finally its out
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning

Tuner in Training
    E69 is planned only for Camaro? Will there be supported E69 ECM from CTS LLT engine?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes it will work on the CTS as well.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    this is what we know so far:
    a. Stock pcm reads & writes without issue
    b. Trifecta tuned pcm's will NOT read out. They tunerlock their pcm's
    c. To fix a trifecta tuned pcm you'll need to either use their handheld flasher to flash back to stock, this SHOULD work, though I don't believe its been tested yet or flash it to a 2011 VIN/os via MDS or similar and then flash it back to the correct VIN in order to fully overwrite the OS.
    d. IPF tuned pcm's will NOT read out. They tunerlock their pcm's
    e. To fix a IPF tuned pcm you'll need flash it to a different year vin ie if you have a 2010 you'd need a 2011 VIN/os & vice versa via MDS or similar and then flash it back to the correct VIN in order to fully overwrite the OS.

When reading one of these tunerlocked pcm's upon reading you'll receive a Reader Upload Request:x7F Negative response code error.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 05-12-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    c. To fix a trifecta tuned pcm you'll need to either use their handheld flasher to flash back to stock, this SHOULD work, though I don't believe its been tested yet or flash it to a 2011 VIN/os via MDS or similar and then flash it back to the correct VIN in order to fully overwrite the OS.
    e. To fix a IPF tuned pcm you'll need flash it to a 2011 VIN/os via MDS or similar and then flash it back to the correct VIN in order to fully overwrite the OS.
    Bill do we have full access to the transmissions now? I can line up several guys next week

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post
    Bill do we have full access to the transmissions now? I can line up several guys next week
    Yes, its the same T43 as found in their V8 counterparts.

anyone manage to get a readout?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes, dozens of customers have read these without issue.

could someone post a sample file? keen to see how things look in these

Here is A standard file from a 2014 VE V6 Commodore.std file sidi.hpt

I tried to calibrate an IPF tuned LLT last week and had this problem. The owner uploaded what he thought was the stock original file to the car, and I still couldn't pull the tune off.

Nor could I scan any data from the vehicle.

Best to have the dealer reflash or replace his computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    e. To fix a IPF tuned pcm you'll need flash it to a different year vin ie if you have a 2010 you'd need a 2011 VIN/os & vice versa via MDS or similar and then flash it back to the correct VIN in order to fully overwrite the OS.

When reading one of these tunerlocked pcm's upon reading you'll receive a Reader Upload Request:x7F Negative response code error.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post
    I tried to calibrate an IPF tuned LLT last week and had this problem. The owner uploaded what he thought was the stock original file to the car, and I still couldn't pull the tune off.

Nor could I scan any data from the vehicle.

Best to have the dealer reflash or replace his computer?
    Here is what you need to do:

If your vehicle is a 2011, you need to use GM TIS or have the dealer flash it to a 2010 VIN. Then flash it back to your original VIN.
    If your vehicle is a 2010, you need to use GM TIS or have the dealer flash it to a 2011 VIN. Then flash it back to your original VIN.

If you don't do this and just try to reflash it to the same VIN, the GM software will skip writing the OS and you still won't be able to read.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    Here is what you need to do:

If your vehicle is a 2011, you need to use GM TIS or have the dealer flash it to a 2010 VIN. Then flash it back to your original VIN.
    If your vehicle is a 2010, you need to use GM TIS or have the dealer flash it to a 2011 VIN. Then flash it back to your original VIN.

If you don't do this and just try to reflash it to the same VIN, the GM software will skip writing the OS and you still won't be able to read.
    This has worked for me as well, the other issue I'm having though is you can't take a 10-11 ECM from an Acadia for example and flash it with a Camaro VIN. It asks for a PIN code and even if I guess, it flashes the programming but stops once it gets to what I assume is the VIN update, then says programming failed. The ECM reflashes fine if you attempt it again but the VIN is still the Acadia. Anyone with a work around?

Quote Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
    This has worked for me as well, the other issue I'm having though is you can't take a 10-11 ECM from an Acadia for example and flash it with a Camaro VIN. It asks for a PIN code and even if I guess, it flashes the programming but stops once it gets to what I assume is the VIN update, then says programming failed. The ECM reflashes fine if you attempt it again but the VIN is still the Acadia. Anyone with a work around?
    Try purposely interrupting the flash process then reflash again. It won't kill the PCM.

Potential Tuner
    Hello all,
    Just joined up looking for help on swapping a 2010 3.6 GM LLT V6 into a '52 Willys Aero tudor post. Hoping HP Tuners or someone on here can help sort out the issues I'm coming up against with the VATS system. I have the PCM and engine wiring harness but nothing else. Any ideas? Thanx in advance for any suggestions.
    Alan

Is a 2013 camaro 3.6 supported yet I have a customer wanting his tune and is driving along way for me to tune it so I wanting to get everything straight before he makes the drive thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    Is a 2013 camaro 3.6 supported yet I have a customer wanting his tune and is driving along way for me to tune it so I wanting to get everything straight before he makes the drive thanks
    Yes, it's been supported for a while. Just make sure you download the latest version in case you have an outdated one.

Tuner
    Will version 2.24.136 support the LFX? I haven't updated in a while.
    2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged - 3xx whp. *Gone*
    2014 Camaro M6 - Too slow.