Thread: injectors have my head hurting been trying to get my car to idle for 2 days

Tuner in Training

injectors have my head hurting been trying to get my car to idle for 2 days

Hello guys I feel like im going in circles just trying to input injector data. I have the data but have no idea how to input anything other than the flow rate and the minimum PW. Ive searched and searched and have gotten nothing but a head ache lol.
    the car is a 2000 camaro
    5.3 bored to 3.905 wiseco pistons callies rods
    ms4 cam
    vic jr intake
    accufab 4150
    42lb injectors
    th400 trans
    no ac no ps
    doing a speed density tune obviously no MAF with the 4150.

any info will help even if you tell me to go read more as long you tell me where haha.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by confused; 04-15-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Tuner
    Look at the excel program I made, it has the conversion shown. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ng-Conversions

Input data into Injector Flow Rate vs KPA VAC

Tuner in Training
    Ok will do thank you.

Im learning alot of good tips now by just reading through stuff on here instead of searching specifics.

Tuner
    Make sure you take actual pressure at your fuel rail (idle) for the conversion chart. That change alone helped out my motor alot.

Tuner in Training
    Ok. I will be giving it a try when I get off work. Also my car is throwing a p0180 for the map sensor it reads 89 kpa at idle (as much of an idle as I can get anyway lol.

Tuner
    Vacuum leak? I'll take a look at my datalogs at lunch and see about where my 5.3 falls, mine is all stock internals though.

Tuner in Training
    Ya I didn't know what was a normal reading or if the mods are effecting it. Cool let me know what you find thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    I would say your map reading is very high. I have a 2004 5.3 with a 212/218 cam, truck 8.1 injectors, cai and 1 3/4 lt headers and my map at idle is 39 kpa. Your reading is more like a wot reading. My wot is 97 kpa

Tuner
    My 5.3 is around 30-35 kPa at idle, stock internals, shorty headers, 24.8lb injectors.

With a vacuum leak that bad you should hear a huge sucking sound near where the leak is located. Spray some
    MAF cleaner or other solvent-based cleaner spray around the intake manifold and your motor will speed up when
    you spray it close to where the vacuum leak is located. Maybe the throttle body is not connected to the intake
    manifold properly, or maybe a vacuum hose is disconnected. Are there any noises or other strange behavior?
    The MAP you are seeing indicates you have hardly any vacuum at idle. Does the MAP fluctuate wildly or is it
    steady?