Thread: Care to look over my Tune?

Tuner in Training

Care to look over my Tune?

Sup guys,

I have a '88 foxbody with a turbo'd 5.3/4l80e combo in it. Currently running 15 lbs of boost though a Master Power T70 turbo with meth injection. Has 80 lb. injectors with twin 255 lph pumps (one intank, one inline). Also being controlled by a custom harness to run the stock PCM on a custom 3bar OS (and truck cluster!)

Currently the trans has a HD-2 shift kit, so that bumps everything up and I got a base tune from a friend and man does it rock the car hard on a light 1-2 shift.. Also the tune itself need's a little bit of work, sometimes it'll idle lean.. then fix itself and idle around 15.0:1.. Cruise needs a bit of work, for the most part its 14.5:1- 16.0:1, depends on the throttle input. WOT seems where I like it, about 11.3:1.

Just would like another opinion..

Current tune.hpt

-Mike
    Last edited by PayUpSuka; 04-14-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Tuner
    work on your VE table to fix the lean issues, use the wideband to get your AFR where you want it at part throttle.. I see your also commanding 12.25 AFR and you say your wideband is reading 11.3:1. Work on the VE table, that should fix all your issues like I said.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by R0G3R View Post
    work on your VE table to fix the lean issues, use the wideband to get your AFR where you want it at part throttle.. I see your also commanding 12.25 AFR and you say your wideband is reading 11.3:1. Work on the VE table, that should fix all your issues like I said.

Pretty sure the commanding isn't doing anything, there are no O2 sensor's in the car (besides the wideband).

Tuner in Training
    I could be wrong but why does the IFR table have 94.5 lb injector values in the table if yours are 80lb?

The 80e base pressure table has been jacked up high, put a stock 80e table back in and rock it. You have the HD-2 kit that raises the pressure and now you're doubling it using the pressure tables.

The leaning out is due to IAT getting some heatsoak and your Cylinder Charge Temp Bias table is still stock, to run speed density this table needs to be tuned to keep everything in check. The VE table def needs work with AFR swinging that much
    New to tuning...My eyes hurt from reading so much...
    05 Sierra CCSB/6.0/H-C-I/4l80/Circle-D Multidisc 3400/3:73 gear
    400hp/380tq

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by FNG81 View Post
    I could be wrong but why does the IFR table have 94.5 lb injector values in the table if yours are 80lb?

The 80e base pressure table has been jacked up high, put a stock 80e table back in and rock it. You have the HD-2 kit that raises the pressure and now you're doubling it using the pressure tables.

The leaning out is due to IAT getting some heatsoak and your Cylinder Charge Temp Bias table is still stock, to run speed density this table needs to be tuned to keep everything in check. The VE table def needs work with AFR swinging that much
    Not sure why the IFR table says 94.5. I'll definitely change it to 80 though.

I found a stock tune file for a 80e and will be changing most of the trans stuff back to stock.

On the iat heat soak. Where would I adjust this or can I tune it out for no correction with temp?

Thank you for the reply. Like I said. The tune was given to me to get the car up and running on the stock pcm. Now I just have to fine tune it for my setup. I'm not new to tuning (ran megasquirt before) just new to hpt and GM pcm's.

-Mike

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PayUpSuka View Post
    Pretty sure the commanding isn't doing anything, there are no O2 sensor's in the car (besides the wideband).
    Yes the commanded does do something, Doesn't matter if you have o2 sensors or not, o2 sensors don't have anything to do with WOT PE...

Quote Originally Posted by PayUpSuka View Post
    Not sure why the IFR table says 94.5. I'll definitely change it to 80 though.

I found a stock tune file for a 80e and will be changing most of the trans stuff back to stock.

On the iat heat soak. Where would I adjust this or can I tune it out for no correction with temp?

Thank you for the reply. Like I said. The tune was given to me to get the car up and running on the stock pcm. Now I just have to fine tune it for my setup. I'm not new to tuning (ran megasquirt before) just new to hpt and GM pcm's.

-Mike
    Airflow>General... Cylinder Charge Temperature... There's no set way, from what I've read/ gathered it's not any easy table to tune, do a search there is a few threads explaining it in detail.

Also changing the IFR table will change all the fueling, I'm not a 100% sure on why yours was scaled that way. Somebody with more experience I'm sure can chime in...
    New to tuning...My eyes hurt from reading so much...
    05 Sierra CCSB/6.0/H-C-I/4l80/Circle-D Multidisc 3400/3:73 gear
    400hp/380tq

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    your IFR table will be dependent on your fuel pressure and if you have a return or returnless fuel system
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    your IFR table will be dependent on your fuel pressure and if you have a return or returnless fuel system
    It's using the truck rails/regulator (wanna say base pressure is in the 50's? Not 100% sure but can check). Also it's a return style system.

Tuner in Training
    How do I change the commanding afr then?

do you have any log of the car?

commanded AFR change would be under power enrichments tab under FUEL

since you have upgraded your OS now you have two enrichment tables. one will be active below 105KPA which i see your EQ ratio you have set to 1.2 (commanding 14.68/1.2=12.23)

then you have your boost enrichment table is set to 1.28 but only i would set your whole table starting at 105KPA as now your commanding 11.47

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    do you have any log of the car?
    Don't have any logs but I can get a cold start one and do a short drive (raining here today, so can't get into it)

Tuner in Training
    OK adjust the tune (just the trans) and man it's so much better with the stock specs. I was able to get a log, problem was I saw the wideband AFR wasn't working... I have it in the EGR pin in the PCM. Not sure if the config got messed up but I checked the actual wire and it isn't disconnected or anything.

Here is the tune:
    Current tune with stock 80e trans.hpt

Here is the Log:
    Cruising.hpl

This is the current config:
    FairmontSD-EGRAFR.cfg

Tuner in Training
    Anyone have a look?