Thread: scanner reads mph while in park

Potential Tuner

scanner reads mph while in park

hey guys first off im new to tuning and hp tuners. long story short, i did a 5.3 swap into a 87 chevy, the donor truck was a 2000 silverado 4x4. i converted it to 2wd. started tuning for the small cam installed did a log and just noticed that it was registering a mph while in park. just curious why its doing that. not sure if i have a wiring error or if this is something that other people have experienced, i did a search and nothing turned up. can upload log file if needed.

Potential Tuner
    I also just discovered the same thing yesterday on my 1st start up. Any info would be appreciated.

are you running twisted pair from the vss to the ecm? if any noise gets into those wires the ecm will register the noise as imbalance and assume it's the hall effect sensor picking up the output shaft turning.
    *Jeff*
    2002 4dr 2wd Blazer, 06 L33, LS6 cam, built trans, etc.. SOLD
    2008 Tahoe Hybrid 2wd, 6.0L LFA (stock dd)
    1964 Chevelle Malibu 4 door, 2003 LQ4, 06 GTO T56 swap -> https://www.chevelles.com/threads/19...-build.955866/

is it a 4l80e tranny with ISS and VSS? if so swap plugs (ISS and VSS) and try again.

Potential Tuner
    Swapped ISS and Vss plugs.....all seems good now... thanks.