Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most reputable tuners for LNF's. Chime in here.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM173 View Post
    What I find more intriguing is we have posted new stuff that has never been discussed and this pointless thread has more comments and more views yet those other informative posts don't have questions being asked and I know the 3xx reviews not everyone actually understands it. I also find it intriguing that you guys asking for help most likely haven't asked any questions on the tables we've discussed. I could be wrong because I haven't looked at those post to its entirety recently.

If you need help ask a question.
    most people me being included when i first started to talk on this forum are scared to ask because of all the sh*t talkers and people who degrade other people because they dont know as much as the person that is actually making the thread or the "senior" tuners out there. or they are overwhelmed by all this i know i was overwhelmed but im not the type to give up. but alot of people will and say f it and take it to someone thinking its ok... then once they are tuned by another person they dont come back on here?

my thoughts
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Its all good the file would really do me no good being a different car so was not looking for plug and play just an idea of tables to mod and which direction which i found on someones post that had a cruise on the dyno and posted the tables that were helping out the most and that is the major thing I was missing on it. I now call for 350kw and it gives it to me it holds my boost setting all the way to 6600 on the shift drops some then right back to my commanded boost. No throttle drop off at all open at 84% the whole time now and 0 knock. I am logging around 420 peak torque falling to 340 at the shift then flash back up and drop back down pretty slow so curve seems really good so far with it being my first shot at it with new settings. Car is very fast now and pulls very hard to 6600 I am shocked over the changes I made to get it here pretty simple over where I was at. The one issue i have caused now is spool time is slower and my low end is suffering. Car seems to be slower than stock but might just be slower than my last tune as been this way long enough to forget how stock really feels. I have read prop gain will help that but havnet touched it so not sure why a loss has happened. It has changed so much as before no sign of a blow off as far as noise and now here it like into the air almost as that loud also can hear the turbo spool up if power brake it a little where before same thing quiet so not only performance changes but different characteristics all over. Any one that can chime in to what will help my low end I would greatly appreciate it since so many of you are now following this thread or I can start a new one as not trying to stomp all over this one.. But we got the point with no tunes shared from the few of you so can pretty much kill this one now and move on. BY the way for those that are just adding in will help but not share a file I have an ats a car more capable of actually being pretty quick for what it is so a cobalt file does me no good anyway it isnt even close to what we have for settings the cruise is much closer just on a smaller engine I am guessing. start pushing the cobalt too hard and you will be literaly pushing it as the transmissions in them are terrible auto or manual and see a lot of them through the shop on stock cars with major hard part damage one main reason I went with cadillac the only real choice for a car with rear wheel drive. I see the failures and know the vehicles too well I do them every day at a shop that does over 100 transmissions a week with 12 builders so I see it all and know what breaks and what we never see because they just dont fail often. I love gm but the front wheel drive stuff is miserable until 2013 where a lot of good upgrades what been done to them finally. My preference I guess I also hate torque steer and know how hard to get a fwd to hook up. Im getting there with the help of many and thanks to the great posts you have all done on this site and it is greatly appreciated and please dont forget that. like I said we work together and can accomplish so much more and every one can learn of each other and why I take the time to post and answer any question to the best of my knowledge when it is asked.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

What I find more intriguing is we have posted new stuff that has never been discussed and this pointless thread has more comments and more views yet those other informative posts don't have questions being asked and I know the 3xx reviews not everyone actually understands it. I also find it intriguing that you guys asking for help most likely haven't asked any questions on the tables we've discussed. I could be wrong because I haven't looked at those post to its entirety recently.

If you need help ask a question.
    Interesting that it has more "comments and views" isn't it?
    Think about it...

I'm going to go back to my "question" that has been pushed to page 3 now with 109 views and no "help".
    Old Car 2008 HHR SS Auto
    GMTU, TTR Solid Engine Mount and 1" Sway Bar.

Now 2013 Sonic RS Turbo
    DDMWorks Intake, ZZP Rear Sway Bar.

1972 Chevy Pickup
    L48 350 Holley 650, Weiand Alum Intake Manifold Water Pump and Pulley, Hot cam, 12 Bolt, Headers, Hurst Shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by projectlnf View Post
    most people me being included when i first started to talk on this forum are scared to ask because of all the sh*t talkers and people who degrade other people because they dont know as much as the person that is actually making the thread or the "senior" tuners out there. or they are overwhelmed by all this i know i was overwhelmed but im not the type to give up. but alot of people will and say f it and take it to someone thinking its ok... then once they are tuned by another person they dont come back on here?

my thoughts
    Though I haven't seen them (not saying they don't exist because obviously they do) I think the shit talkers are the ones that should be called out. Personally, I've always felt that this forum hasn't had too many of those people. My 7-year post total was below 80 until recently simply because I would find the info I need, learn it, then move on to teaching myself the details.

Advanced Tuner
    Victory Red SS you said you had figured out the answer to your question prior to me posting again so I apologize if we skipped a question you had. If you could please inform us whatwrite-up l'd like to know I'm sure we can help.

Also here is another thing. Why don't you guys post on here what you would like to see discussed and me or someone else (hopefully others besides just me and CodenameBill) can do a write-up on it.

The thing I like about posting a new write-up is that it sparks questions. From questions everyone can learn. I am a firm believer that we should all look outside the box. Anytime I hear something new I want to prove it wrong. Not bebecause I want to get credit and make someone look bad but because how can you properly learn something if you blindly follow. I work on aircraft as an electrician for the Navy. I tell my guys all the time to prove me wrong. Not because I am never wrong but because it encourages them to constantly be learning and constantly looking oitside of the box for the whole story. Even when I realize I am starting to fixate on a single solution that I think is right I try to prove myself wrong. After that I will ask someone else to try to prove me wrong. People are by nature narrowminded which causes us to be wrong a lot by default and were to stubborn sometimes to try and realize that we are just plain wrong or what is even crazier possible more then one answer. I don't expect anyone to read what I put and say damn this dude knows what he is talking about. I expect EVERYONE to say I'm going to prove this guy wrong. If you do prove me wrong well guess what we all learned something. If you didn't prove me wrong well guess what you verified my information and we all learned something and maybe just maybe you figured out some extras I didn't and we all learned more. You don't need to see a tune to learn this stuff. I know what your getting at lt1z350 so if you would like I can see if I can come up with a fake tune showing some of the relationships possibly. I don't think you'll get as much information as you want because their is a lot more then one way for things.

So again if you have something specific you would like discussed list it here and I'll see what I can do to help out by starting a new thread. I have my kids this weekend so it may take me a bit to respond so please bare with me. If I can get it done today while I'm at work tonight I will try.

Sorry Mike, the question I asked in this thread I figured out. Here's my other copied from my other post.

"Sold the HHR SS and now have a '13 Sonic RS turbo 5 speed. Compared to a tuned (or stock) HHR SS the Sonic is butt slow. Tuned though not so bad. Recently put a DDMWorks intake on it and want to cal the MAF. I knew how to calibrate the MAF on the HHR with the old version of HPT software but can't figure out how it's done with the new software. It's not throwing code and runs great but figured I should anyways. Haven't checked the trims yet. Any ideas?"

When I bought the Sonic I noticed the tables were different when I went to tune. Don't know if this is because of the new software suite or because of the car. I have figured it out but at first it was like "where is the DAL table???".
    Old Car 2008 HHR SS Auto

Now 2013 Sonic RS Turbo

1972 Chevy Pickup
    L48 350 Holley 650, Weiand Alum Intake Manifold Water Pump and Pulley, Hot cam, 12 Bolt, Headers, Hurst Shifter.

Advanced Tuner
    I doubt the cruze's use the same PCM as the LNF so that is why the tables are different. Also most likely not a full amount of support yet so I would guess you'll get more access down the road. I can look up a stock file and see what the tables are like to see what I can do to help once I'm with my computer again.

Thanks! I've gone back through yours and some of the others posts. Great info but just never stumbled across. Info is out there just hard to find 'cause as we all know the search engine isn't the best...
    BTW, it's a Sonic although both share the same 1.4 turbo.
    Old Car 2008 HHR SS Auto

Now 2013 Sonic RS Turbo

1972 Chevy Pickup

Advanced Tuner
    I have recently started email tunes to people who have HpT and if they have people in there area I allow them to make a small profit on it as well. I don't care much for email tunes but I have realized for a lot of people it is there only option. I will also still offer help to those who need it like I have been (I will not give you the answers though). If you need help or a tune just let me know or message any of the main people on here for help and they will also still offer what they can.

Potential Tuner

Red face where are you located ?

Quote Originally Posted by imphat0260 View Post
    Agree 110% . Either the car comes to me, or the customer pays for me to travel to them. A waiver is signed (with all mods and specs) along with a complete check over and a logged test drive or time on the rollers. This happens before any tables are modified and uploaded into the PCM. I'm not tuning around "your problem". All logs are saved, along with dyno logs saved (I record data through it too). Some people look at the waiver and are like WTF.... My reply is always the same. I don't know what has been done prior to the tuning session. I don't know if you are going to go out and change something after the tune (boost levels, fuel type, etc....). Once they grasp that, its usually smooth sailing. Gotta CYA these days. The tune is always the first thing blamed....
    Once I get my DP/CAI and replace my MAP sensors want to get an HP TUNE. Its hard to fine people in CALI who do this kind of thing. lol

Potential Tuner
    this balt ss sounds sick. You ever have it on the DYNO ? I am guessing over 320 WHP at least with that setup.

UFC - I'm in the real Cali if you're nearby. (Bay Area)

Potential Tuner

Smile yes I am in norcal !

Quote Originally Posted by codename Bil Doe View Post
    UFC - I'm in the real Cali if you're nearby. (Bay Area)
    thats great and you do HP TUNES ?

Definitely need to upgrade from my GMS1 BS tune. lol

Getting the Hahn DP and need a CAI to maximise the TUNE and maybe Catback

Advanced Tuner
    UFC you will not be disappointed in Bills work. We've shared some tunes but mostly ideas and I will say you'll be more then happy and you'll have a great safe tune that pulls better then the GMS1. Not sure how many Balts Bills done up but if he hasn't he'll have fun with that FWD haha. I'm pretty sure he's done some up though.

Potential Tuner

Smile Mike thats great to hear

UFC you will not be disappointed in Bills work. We've shared some tunes but mostly ideas and I will say you'll be more then happy and you'll have a great safe tune that pulls better then the GMS1. Not sure how many Balts Bills done up but if he hasn't he'll have fun with that FWD haha. I'm pretty sure he's done some up though.
    I so want to get a real HP tune after the DP/CAT/CAI and junk that GMS1. It isnt to bad but the MAP SENSOR wiring they did was really flakey and get CELS all the time.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    always solder your pigtails in.....never crimp and go.
    my dealer saw my pre-soldered harness, verified its integrity and included my work under the warranty while claiming it was more than they would have done.

so sad
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman