Thread: another newby with idle problems

Potential Tuner

another newby with idle problems

Hey guys I have a 04 Z06 with a mild cam (got the car used so I don't have info on it) Patriot heads and kook long tube headers. Everything was great tell I replaced the old clutch with a mantic twin disk. I have been reading and researching this topic and have been trying to fix it myself, I have had no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You, Mark

P.S. I live in Colorado and altitude is 6000 feet

I used RussK's config to get the info for you guys
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mark Riggs; 04-13-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Riggs View Post
    Hey guys I have a 04 Z06 with a mild cam (got the car used so I don't have info on it) Patriot heads and kook long tube headers. Everything was great tell I replaced the old clutch with a mantic twin disk. I have been reading and researching this topic and have been trying to fix it myself, I have had no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You, Mark

P.S. I live in Colorado and altitude is 6000 feet

I used RussK's config to get the info for you guys
    go over your under/over speed spark tables, and re-do your idle spark advance in drive and park, it has too many different values in it. 0 column to 1000 column.. make it like 21 degrees all the way down to 32-36g/cyl.

Give all that a try and report back..

Does it include a light weight flywheel or did you reuse the stock one?

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the responses, I used the light weight flywheel that came with the clutch. I am new to tunning and am trying to learn. most of the tune was in the car when I got it, just been playing with the idle stuff. I don't want to mess anything els up.

Potential Tuner
    BTW the car surges from 500 to 1800 rpm when coming to a stop and goes from 800 to 1300 on start up. even when its warmed up.