Thread: New Engine Tuning help wanted please

New Engine Tuning help wanted please

2007 Saturn Sky RL

Wiseco pistons
    K1 Rods
    Balance Shaft Delete kit
    MAF relocate
    Meth injection (disabled till engine is broken in)
    Stock turbo till funds reappear lol

I am starting fresh with a fresh engine... had some notorious phantom / real KR that would never go away, part throttle, wot cruising and it never had matching commanded and actual timing advance...

I want to start with a fresh tune that will help me out with previous issues...

If this is a good start let me know or if I am better off starting from scratch and recal my maf and inj constant then i will do so...

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I don't know if the stock tune for the Sky is different then the Cobalt, but I think you need to start completely from a fresh tune. I don't have any experience with the MAF relocate so maybe someone can fill in the blanks in case I'm wrong but your MAF frequency looked like it was adding fuel but your Fuel Injector Constant is taking away fuel and your MAF correction should not be that modified if the other two are dialed in correctly. On top of that the PID tables can cause KR like your seeing and I notice they don't look stock either. None of these other tables should be messed with until you get the car running correctly, and if you are still in the break in period I would not be upping boost and stuff just yet. I would definitely get my fuel trims on point and break it in stock first.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Full stock for about 3 tanks or 1000 mi

motor isnt in yet

need time to install it but just want a fresh tune to fix all these annoyances...

PID tables? What does that stand for?

Advanced Tuner
    I would put all settings to stock. Lower your wastegate duty cycle so you have even less boost to belp break in the motor. Then I would set the MAF correction table to all 1's so you can dial in your MAF frequency since your relocating it. After that I would just take it easy. I almost wouldn't relocate the MAF until after break in and just run a complete stock tune. PID tables are the prop gain, integral gain, and derivative gain tables.