Thread: E85 set up on an LSJ

Tuner

E85 set up on an LSJ

Just wanted to get some input on going with an E85 set up......what changes need to be made before tuning starts? What afr is good at WOT?

I always hate it when people say use the search because i feel that in the same breath they could have just answered the questions. In this case because of the mass amount of info i'm gonna say use the search but also kinda answer for a rough idea of whats involved . Feel free to correct me because i'm a noob and only speaking form my personal experience.

you will need large enough injectors to accommodate the 30 or so percent increase in fuel demand, most go with 80lb/hr

Ideally the car should be tuned already. and the only changes that "should" have to be made are target AFR ,minor tweeks ,and increasing timing in cruise and under wot. ( e85 dosnt knock as easily as gas so the old method of just adding timing till it knocks then backing down a few degrees doesn't work so well on corn, its too easy to tune way past MBT and start breaking stuff if you don't understand what you are doing )

WOT afr is similar to gas .70 to .86 lambada.

My best advise to to use theses forums and research, but also look outside this group and read up on some genreal tuning methods for e85.

2006 Cobalt SS/SC #80 mototrons,2.7" pulley, pacesetter header, catless DP ,custom axle back ,Cxr heat exchanger ,Cxr brushless IC pump.