Thread: STFT B1 and B2 offset?

Advanced Tuner

STFT B1 and B2 offset?

Hey folks,

5.3 Turbocharged 3 BAR SD on E85
    Tuning in Lambda

I've been working on the VE table in the drive around and freeway speed area. Basically 3200 and below.
    Light load for the most part.

Once I realized I had a 2% error in the WB and corrected that, I've put the car in closed loop to look at the STFT trims.
    I understand that throttle transitions are bad data, so I just try to focus on the steady state areas.

I think this looks ok for the most part........but in some areas, I see quite a bit of difference between B1 and B2.
    The O2 sensors are old, were with the harness I bought........
    I'm reasonably confident there are no exh leaks. Vband clamps are tight. And they mated perfectly when I final assembled everything.

Have a look at the latest log and see what you think.
    I am logging STFT B1 and B2 %.
    I see PIDS for STFT B1 and B2 avg %. Am I maybe logging the wrong ones?

I haven't looked at LTFT yet.

What are the possible causes for this offset?
    On a side note, I see this on my C5 Corvette too........and it has no exh leaks and new O2 sensors.

Ron
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

Quote Originally Posted by RonSSnova View Post
    Hey folks,

5.3 Turbocharged 3 BAR SD on E85
    Tuning in Lambda

I've been working on the VE table in the drive around and freeway speed area. Basically 3200 and below.
    Light load for the most part.

Once I realized I had a 2% error in the WB and corrected that, I've put the car in closed loop to look at the STFT trims.
    I understand that throttle transitions are bad data, so I just try to focus on the steady state areas.

I think this looks ok for the most part........but in some areas, I see quite a bit of difference between B1 and B2.
    The O2 sensors are old, were with the harness I bought........
    I'm reasonably confident there are no exh leaks. Vband clamps are tight. And they mated perfectly when I final assembled everything.

Have a look at the latest log and see what you think.
    I am logging STFT B1 and B2 %.
    I see PIDS for STFT B1 and B2 avg %. Am I maybe logging the wrong ones?

I haven't looked at LTFT yet.

What are the possible causes for this offset?
    On a side note, I see this on my C5 Corvette too........and it has no exh leaks and new O2 sensors.

Ron
    Ron,

Nothing unusual there, all looks good. Happy Tuning :-)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Ed.

Ron