Thread: Fuel Injector Flow Converter & VE Tuning Conversions

Tuner

Fuel Injector Flow Converter & VE Tuning Conversions

I've been working on an Excel product to help myself and others simplify the conversion process when tuning. In the file there is an injector flow rate conversion, input the injectors ratings and your fuel rail pressure and it gives you the inputs for HP Tuners. Also included is an auto VE map generator, you just input your LTFT, STFT Histograms, and Current VE Primary Map and it will generate your new Primary and Secondary Map (I have it rated at 50% correction so when you retune it does not completely overshoot). Also coded in is if the total fuel trim isn't off by over 5% then it will not include a modification. There is also a page that shows you what areas you still need to data-log called STFT Still Need to Fill, the red blocks highlighted do not have a STFT rating of under 3%, meaning the LTFT hasn't completely been learned yet.

Please feel free to try it out and give me feedback of what you like about it and what you don't like about it. If there are any other useful conversions that could be added please let me know also. I'm new to tuning and currently still learning the entire process.

HP Tuners Workbook.xlsx

I tried to check it out, but could not get it to open correctly. I tried to save it and open it that way also, and no dice. Maybe it's me.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by XDR View Post
    I've been working on an Excel product to help myself and others simplify the conversion process when tuning. In the file there is an injector flow rate conversion, input the injectors ratings and your fuel rail pressure and it gives you the inputs for HP Tuners. Also included is an auto VE map generator, you just input your LTFT, STFT Histograms, and Current VE Primary Map and it will generate your new Primary and Secondary Map (I have it rated at 50% correction so when you retune it does not completely overshoot). Also coded in is if the total fuel trim isn't off by over 5% then it will not include a modification. There is also a page that shows you what areas you still need to data-log called STFT Still Need to Fill, the red blocks highlighted do not have a STFT rating of under 3%, meaning the LTFT hasn't completely been learned yet.

Please feel free to try it out and give me feedback of what you like about it and what you don't like about it. If there are any other useful conversions that could be added please let me know also. I'm new to tuning and currently still learning the entire process.

HP Tuners Workbook.xlsx
    If there is a value of more than 100 in the VE table, the cells go white.
    New to tuning...My eyes hurt from reading so much...
    05 Sierra CCSB/6.0/H-C-I/4l80/Circle-D Multidisc 3400/3:73 gear
    400hp/380tq

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rpturbo View Post
    I tried to check it out, but could not get it to open correctly. I tried to save it and open it that way also, and no dice. Maybe it's me.
    What version of Excel are you using? I'll try and save it a different way and upload when I make the fix to the problem below.

Quote Originally Posted by FNG81 View Post
    If there is a value of more than 100 in the VE table, the cells go white.
    I'll take a look at that and upload a revised file.

Tuner
    Ok, I bumped the VE tables up to 200 with color coding and fixed the few that would turn white if they were an inbetween number (ones that had a decimal value between .5 and .99. Also cleaned up some of the color rules on the Secondary VE map, was like 50 extra for some reason. Here is an updated version to try, also is a 97-03 Excel version was too big to upload, so I'll see what I can do about getting that up for rpturbo to try.

HP Tuners Workbook.xlsx

Tuner
    I added the option/conversions for BAR and cc/min as I've found that some injectors are rated that way. I also added a second graph should g/sec below the normal flow rate. My plan is to make this file into a guide that you follow through with instructions to do a basic SD tune. What do you guys think?

HP Tuners Workbook.xlsx
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Maybe Post. How to go about using it for all the newbies that will be checking it out. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    Maybe Post. How to go about using it for all the newbies that will be checking it out. Thanks
    Not to be a dick but if you cant input numbers into excel or get the basics of what its doing, you probably shouldn't attempt your own tuning.
    New to tuning...My eyes hurt from reading so much...
    05 Sierra CCSB/6.0/H-C-I/4l80/Circle-D Multidisc 3400/3:73 gear
    400hp/380tq

Tuner
    I'm working on building a guide into the program, so you can follow along for a basic tune.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by XDR View Post
    Here is an updated version to try, also is a 97-03 Excel version was too big to upload, so I'll see what I can do about getting that up for rpturbo to try.
    I've also got 03 Excel version and would like to try it. If the file is too big for here, put it on a file sharing site and then put up a link to it.

Tuner
    Ok, I'm working on an entire guide right now that will include these formulas. I'll see about uploading the 97-03 excel version elsewhere.

Tuner
    Any update on this?