Thread: Validate Checksum Failed. You will be unable to save or flash this file.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Validate Checksum Failed. You will be unable to save or flash this file.

Alot of people have asked me about this since the 2.25 build so I'm reposting this here, its very important to read this.

This isn't a bug in the software, and is perfectly normal.

When you read your PCM and then try to open the file with VCM Editor and receive this message here's what you should do:

1. Email the .hpt file as well as a VCM Suite infolog while connected to the vehicle in question to us at support at hptuners.com
    2. we will review the file for integrety and if the checksums are correct & not disabled, missing or corrupt we will send you an update as soon as possible to fix this issue.
    3. the fix will be included in all future shipped software and updates.

Fixing these issues are #1 when it comes to support so you can be assured that you have our full attention when we receive one of these emails.

This error is most common on Ford, Dodge & GM Alloytech(Bosch) pcm's & usually means its a new operating system we have yet to come across & we need to map the calibration for your use which can take several days or longer depending on the complexity of the operating system.

Thanks for your understanding and patience (we know what it is like to get something new only to have to wait another day to use it).

Support
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    TTT as I've been getting a half dozen people a day that ask me this same question

Tuner
    can you define infolog? I'm getting a checksum error on an 08 Mustang GT currently. However it is not the factory file nor do I have access to it.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3 - Heads, Cam, Whipple 11psi 756whp 663wtq 93 and meth

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedYards86 View Post
    can you define infolog? I'm getting a checksum error on an 08 Mustang GT currently. However it is not the factory file nor do I have access to it.
    The help file will walk you through it.

Tuner
    thank you
    2010 Camaro SS LS3 - Heads, Cam, Whipple 11psi 756whp 663wtq 93 and meth

Tuner
    I sent one of these in earlier today.. 14 Mustang GT copperhead fail to read or something.. checksum error submit to Hp Support.. Just hoping you got it and can get a fix soon.. I want to get tuning this thing :P
    Thanks guys

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    The help file will walk you through it.
    Where is this help file located? I searched checksum" in the help section of the editor with no results.

Thanks
    05 mustang GT with 3v 5.0 and a 2.3 whipple

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by stangslayer View Post
    Where is this help file located? I searched checksum" in the help section of the editor with no results.

Thanks
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/introdu...mersupport.htm

or open the editor and click Help-Help

or open the scanner and click Help-Help

or open the editor and click F1

or open the scanner and click F1

redundancy check anyone?

2009 f250 superduty 5.4l

just tried to read a 2009 f250 suoerduty 5.4l gas got failed checksum errorScott_wilson_stk_failchecksum2.hptVCMSuiteInfo_2.txt

already sent to support already
    97 k2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80/4x4 0411 pcm,thorley tri-y's,true duals(no cats),msd ign.,zz4 cam, tuned with efi live

Just used latest beta to flash truck no have no start. Have flashed multiple times. Disconnected battery. Can still flash but can not conection with scanner

Potential Tuner
    Do you know approx. how long it take to get a file back? For a 2014 Mustang Thanks
    Last edited by Almightyaaron; 09-02-2016 at 04:23 PM. Reason: More info

just submitted a ticket #157820
    09 Pontiac G8GT LSA conversion & cammed (HP Tuned)
    07 Trailblazer SS Cammed & Nitrous Fed (HP Tuned)

Just tried to read a 2018 Mustang GT using a MPVI2. Got the "Validate checksum failed. Controller TC-298" error. I understand the procedure, but it seems odd to me that I'd be getting this error on a four year old vehicle...? Just curious if there's something else I'm missing. Files attached.

As-Delivered Tune.hpt
    VCMSuiteInfo.txt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WesDuenkel View Post
    Just tried to read a 2018 Mustang GT using a MPVI2. Got the "Validate checksum failed. Controller TC-298" error. I understand the procedure, but it seems odd to me that I'd be getting this error on a four year old vehicle...? Just curious if there's something else I'm missing. Files attached.
    5AJIDGO.H32 sounds like a Ford Performance tune ID, if so, you'll have to flash back to stock, then read with HP Tuners.

Quote Originally Posted by Seishuku View Post
    5AJIDGO.H32 sounds like a Ford Performance tune ID, if so, you'll have to flash back to stock, then read with HP Tuners.
    Interesting. Just bought this car, so I don't have the stock tune. Is the only way to "flash back to stock" is by going to my local Ford dealer and have them install the factory tune? Is there a way I can flash back to stock on my own using the MPVI2 if I don't have the factory tune file? I have *a* 2018 GT factory tune file, but not sure if I can use the MPVI2 to install this *other* stock tune or if I have to go to the dealer.
    Last edited by WesDuenkel; 12-31-2022 at 06:10 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Interesting. Just bought this car, so I don't have the stock tune. Is the only way to "flash back to stock" is by going to my local Ford dealer and have them install the factory tune? Is there a way I can flash back to stock on my own using the MPVI2 if I don't have the factory tune file? I have *a* 2018 GT factory tune file, but not sure if I can use the MPVI2 to install this *other* stock tune or if I have to go to the dealer.
    Dealer can do it for sure, I'm not sure if HP Tuners can flash over an unknown tune.
    I'm not sure I would risk trying, unless someone from HP can chime in on it.

Yup, HPtuners understandably doesn't support this operating system. Dealer tool failed to flash back to stock as well. Said there was some kind of "high level block" that is preventing us from flashing it back to stock. Shop is using factory Ford VCM2 and IDS software. We're really stumped here. Any ideas on how to proceed?

No, you need other tools that can brute force the stock cal in. There are a few.

IDS has many checks, that means if you have an old tune that was scrambled it might decide to not let you do anything as this will be damaged ecu in IDS book.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

As-Delivered Tune.hpt
    VCMSuiteInfo.txt
    previously tuned and the os id scrambled(ie tunerlocked by the previous tuner)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    previously tuned and the os id scrambled(ie tunerlocked by the previous tuner)
    Unbelievably, I was able to track down the previous owner, and he had the nGuage with the factory calibration. I was able to return it to stock and all is well!!! Thanks for the leads, everyone.