Thread: crazy knock problem

Tuner in Training

crazy knock problem

ok guys I need some help.

I have been having this crazy knock issue. its there some times and some time its gone. I seem like every time we get the fuel trims right, the next time I drive the car, the fuel trims are out of whack.

last night, I finished installing my meth, using 100% so I took it for a ride, the first log, there is zero knock, all the pulls I did and nothing. I stopped to turn the start point up alittle, turn the car back on and right away I had knock, at idle, and then again, all the pulls I did had knock.. Is this possible that maybe the fuel filiter needs to be replaced? is this fake knock, I cant tell.

thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I guess you can throw out the fuel filiter, the cobalts don't have one

They do have one. On the Cali models it's integral to the pump/sending unit thingy and sits on top of the tank. Not to be confused with the fuel sock. IIRC it was ~$85 for the pump/filter unit and not worth the hassle of dropping the tank to replace. Supposed to be a non-serviceable item in Cali models I guess.

I hate phantom kr in our engines... my car always looked like the second log.... and melted piston. 23 psi 15 degrees top end kr everywhere....

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    hahah sorry Eric happens to all eventually
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 04-11-2014 at 03:52 AM.

Tuner in Training
    It just started doing it, car stat for about 6 months while I was deployed, came back, and it was fine, fuel trims were alittle off until I filled up again, then a month or 2 ago this started going on....

And I really don't want to melt wisco pistons. Won't be a good day

Advanced Tuner
    MAF needs some serious work. Also, your car is having issues with closing the TB. And unless my PID is setup wrong, your car is pulling over 25-26psi?

I also noticed that your car isn't hitting the same spark advance as you're commanding. Something is definitely wrong somewhere.
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

MAF is def way off. I'm seeing same as T-Man. You're hitting up to 26.5psi.