Thread: MAF vs Speed density settings

Tuner

MAF vs Speed density settings

I cant get a MAF reading from my HP tuner, it never moves just a constant 3.12 if I remember right? I have double checked the wiring and replaced the MAF sensor, no change. I was told to make sure it wasnt set to speed density, it suppose to be in Engine Diag. but I can find it under that name. what am I missing? the MAF sensor is a 5 wire Granatelli. thanks for the help.

LT1 24X LS1 conversion

Tuner in Training
    When you say you can't get a reading do you mean in the scanner? Even with a speed density tune the MAF will still log values, the PCM just doesn't use them. Is that Granatelli MAF one of the compensated ones?

Tuner
    MAF sensor part number 350112C, the HP tuner doesn't show any change or values in the MAF reading, it stay constant at 3.12. thanks for you help

Senior Tuner
    Log MAF Hz.

Tuner
    Ok I bought the Greg Banish DVD and it is great, I programmed for MAF to log in Hz, but still no reading from MAF meter in Hz, or Grams per, alsp no IAT or ECT reading on HP tuner. MAF reads a constant 3.27 in grams per. I am beginning to think my ECM is not reading it, is that possible?
    The problem is When I rev to 2000 rpm my afr goes max lean and stall really hard, I unplugged the MAF sensor which os a 5 wire Granatelli, and it revs great and actually runs really good, but when I run down the road with it unplugged it leans out at 2000 rpm again and wont run, then I put back in neutral and it revvs great again. I am posting the tune and two logs, one with MAF sensor plugged in the other with it unplugged, I have been reading and studying for 2 weeks and I don’t know what to do, I would take it somewhere but no one with in 100 miles and with out it reading MAF I am afraid they cant tune it. Thanks for any help.

95 T/A LT 1 with 24x LS1 PCM swap. 383 forged, 195 AFR heads, 11.4 comp, 238/246 608/618 110 lsa comp custom cam, 36 lb Bosch injectors, 58 MM TB, Pacesetter LT, 4l69e 3600 circle, 9in 390 gears,]

43937[/ATTACH]LT1 LS1 log Park and MPH 2nd.hpl[ATTACH]43939
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 540gts; 04-17-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Verify that the yellow wire on the MAF goes to pin 31 on the red PCM connector. Verify the pink wire on the MAF has +12v. Verify the black wire on the MAF goes to a good ground.

Tuner
    Yes I triple check these wires and I have tried 2 MAF sensors.