Thread: Help please

Tuner in Training

Help please

Im attempting to get my AFR dialed in, but I getting whooped. First start the wideband will show around 13.5 to 14.5 or 15. after a min or so it climbs right on up into the 18 to 20 range. Im using the Lc1 wideband and ive recalculated the sensor twice. Checked for vac leaks and cant locate any. I attached a file but its on idle and rev since the car is legal on the street I cant drive it. My fuel trims seem to be out of wack at some points. Any help or advice as to what may be going on would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Why so much timing?
    Last edited by danieloneil01; 04-09-2014 at 08:46 PM.

is this an engine swap?
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

Tuner in Training
    Yes its an engine swap and timing tables haven't been touched

On the initial start, and if Engine temp is below 92.6 degrees you will be fueling from the Open Loop table (engine>open&closed loop>Open Loop>EQ Ratio). There are also several after start enrichment tables that are used. At 92.6 degrees, the PCM will kick into closed loop and the fueling will be controlled by the O2 sensors and attempts to maintain stoich which in your case is 14.6. Idle is controlled slightly different whereas the PCM uses the LTIT and STIT as well as adaptive idle timing to control the desired idle rpm. There are limits to this adjustment and you need to make sure that the MAF and VE are dialed in pretty close to work this.

I recommend setting the idle speed up a bit and working the MAF/VE from there up and then slowly moving down the idle speed and making adjustments from there down to idle. Also you will want to do this in open loop so you aren't chasing the pcm corrections.

I didn't see your WB in the PIDs lists and you should add Commanded AFR, Dynamic Airflow and calculated cylinder air as well. The correct way to set the idle on your year is to perform what is called the RussK Idle procedure. Search for it and it will show you how to set up you idle airflow or what is called Required Air Flow (RAF).

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Ed, I have installed the PIDs you advised. I am attempting to open the RussK idle config with no luck. Is there and issue with my idle or is this just good practice? And if I understand correctly I just need to disable my LTFT and dial in my maf and ve table to bring the fuel trim values withing +- 5? From a lot of the reading Im doing it seems a lot of people just disable the values all together.

You don't open the .cfg. Save it in your appropriate Computer folder and it gets opened from the scanner. Absolutely normal.....happy tuning :-)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quick question, I have a race powerglide, do I need to do the in gear scan as well? Here is the table from the park Idle. On my wideband afr stayed between 13.8 and 15.5 constantly fluctuating if that matters
    Attached Files Attached Files