Thread: SD Tuning Setup Help (MAF not failing)

Tuner

SD Tuning Setup Help (MAF not failing)

Engine is a Gen III LM7 5.3. What I have done so far..

Set the MAF Fail High to 0.
    DTC P0101, P0102, P0103 SES is enabled, light is off, P0103 comes up when scanned.
    My MAF is a 5 wire (IAT built in) and it is still plugged in.

When I open up VCM scanner the MAF value changes with throttle input (this is what I'm going by that it hasn't failed). Is this correct or how can I verify that I have actually entered SD mode? Do I need to order a "GM 5-Wire MAF Extension (Type-1)" off eBay and cut out the MAF wires so the IAT will still work? I will not be tuning in open loop as I only have o2 sensors and no wideband.

I have attached my tune if you would like to verify the settings. This is installed in a manual transmission Jeep with no VSS and e-fans.

Current TJ Tune LOADED.hpt

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
    Did just as you said and no real change, MAF is still showing output. Here are the updated tune and log.

Current TJ Tune LOADED.hpt

Log.hpl

Tuner
    I have a P0103 DTC code, but on the logging I can see the MAF input "Mass Air Flow (SAE) lb/min". So is the engine in SD mode or has it not fully failed?
    Last edited by XDR; 04-08-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Tuner
    After another hour of searching I found out that it is actually failed, only indication is the DTC showing and it will still report numbers...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...s-MAF-readings