Thread: 07 LNF solstice not reading above 255kpa with gmpp tune and 3bar

Potential Tuner

07 LNF solstice not reading above 255kpa with gmpp tune and 3bar

I think i have been overboosting my motor. i have the duty cycle at 100% but monitored my kpa. the scanner went up to 255kpa real fast a little to fast
    i thought at 255kpa it bled off rest of the boost till the turbo started to make a weird noise. I thought it was blown, so i checked the charge pipe
    and no oil or smoke out the tail so i reflashed the ecm to stock gmpp and it seems fine, except under high boost?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you need to read boost lo res the regular map sensor only goes to 255 which is why the dal table has a highest value of 255 without getting erratic on you.
    read the boost lo res and subtract the baro sensor to read real boost. hope your not in the 30'S
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    you need to read boost lo res the regular map sensor only goes to 255 which is why the dal table has a highest value of 255 without getting erratic on you.
    read the boost lo res and subtract the baro sensor to read real boost. hope your not in the 30'S
    Do i read the Manifold absolute pressure [SAE] isnt that low rez? then minus baro pressure = boost?

Advanced Tuner
    Their is a sensor called Boost Lo Res. That is the sensor in the charge piping and that is what you want to monitor.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM173 View Post
    Their is a sensor called Boost Lo Res. That is the sensor in the charge piping and that is what you want to monitor.
    so me being a dumb **** i was monitoring the wrong thing >.< atleast the car is not blown to pieces. It idles fine and when i reflashed the stock gmpp tune it boosts out to 21psi without that that rattle noise. it was not knock i was monitoring that thank you guys you just saved my engine from a dumb *** till next time
    when i try to kill my engine another way>.<

Advanced Tuner
    I wouldn't be that harsh. You know now and your better for it.

make sure you watch the lnf videos and read the posts. it will help establish a solid base tune that you can learn from and from there mike and codenamebill can help you figure out the rest of the perfectionism part. keep us updated, success stories make our day
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

^this. That is where I started. Every week for 4 months I had an "OH now I figured it all out" moment. You'll get those a lot with this ecu until you fully understand it. You'll be going back and retuning a lot, too. =)

Advanced Tuner
    I have more logs and tunes on my computer from me having ideas and trying to perfect them then I know what to do with. I utilize them though. Sometimes you have to go the wrong way on purpose to understand the effects. Get started with the guides and ask as many questions as you can and try out your theories as safely as you can.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you all for your imput much and needed advice i am going to do a lot more research before tuneing again now i know this motor can be tricky with reading boost btw found the low rez. What boost level dos the gmpp throw an overboost code?

Turn the over boost test off in the engine diagnostic section. Max turbo psi is 24 before it causes heat problems. Most run it at 22 to 23 for a safety buffer

Potential Tuner
    Ive done a lot of research. Im trying to get it to maintain 22 psi and lightly messing with the spark she is singing nice now.
    i almost granny shifted instead of double cluchin like i should. I almost blew the weld off the intake and god knows i would have
    magically lost my floor pan dam turbo charged cars always losing a floor pan.

Hahaha floor pan

Advanced Tuner
    I almost had you....
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Potential Tuner
    Got a question why dos my low res boost read less then my manifold pressure? its like 10 kpa difference? i using the boost pid [pid.2338]-[pid.51] on a histogram with load up to 300% by rpm dos it matter if load at the top of the histogram is 100% because my scanner is reading boost out to 250% load.If i put the load back to 100%
    on the histogram my numbers are still off between the 2 sensors of corse i am subtracting baro pressure.