Thread: VCM Scanner/Logging Speed??

Tuner in Training

VCM Scanner/Logging Speed??

I started logging a friends 2001 c5 z06 this past weekend and the scanner/logging speed was extremely slow? I'm used to logging my c6, which I understand reports much faster. However, I don't think the c5 is supposed to be this much slower..

The logging speed was set at 10, as normal. However, the actual recording/logging is literally as fast as setting 2? When viewing the log, I can watch it in all normal speeds, including 10. So, I'll post my log up, but it's not going to be very usual since the issue is when logging, not viewing.

I feel like I'm missing a lot of unrecorded information when scanning at this speed/pace. Is this normal? The last c5 or 4th gen camaro I've scanned was over 3 years ago and I don't remember how fast the scan was. Although, I'm sure I would have remembered it being this slow.

Any advice on how to fix this issue? Thanks!

cruise1.hpl
    Last edited by camONLYls1; 04-07-2014 at 01:27 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes pretty normal, theres a very good breakdown in the help file www.hptuners.com/help on how logging works and about what FPS you can expect depending on how many bytes of data you are logging.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    BTW was this done via standalone datalogging or laptop?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Bill. I'm surprised it's this slow for how little data I was attempting to log.

The log was done with my laptop. I didn't know there was a standalone device that could be used to log and view in HPTuners? Any links you have of standalone devices would be sweet.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We break it down pretty well in the scanner section of the help file, datalogging rates vary drastically between pcm's, you are just lucky in that you have a gen 4 pcm which spits out far more information far faster than the older pcm's.