Thread: 2000 GMC Jimmy 4.3/auto, need some help.

Tuner in Training

2000 GMC Jimmy 4.3/auto, need some help.

Hello all i have a 2000 jimmy im trying to tune i have a relatively stock 4.3 has k&n filter, no cats and a muffler, so i logged it and i noticed that when i give it throttle it goes lean on the nbo2 i know they are not accurate but i know with more fuel in pe it should go richer,, hit pe mode on WOT and it stays real low 50mv area all pull and than go rich on decel its almost like they are backwards., im thinking i have a fuel pump issue/pressure issue i need to get a fuel pressure gauge to check but tell me what you see and what you think, thanksjimmy.hpljimmy v6.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Check your PE delay settings first. Trucks have notoriously long PE delays, 10 seconds in many cases.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Hi thanks for the reply, i have tuned the pe mode and some other features and still always goes lean, i uploaded the stock tune for the stock log but ill upload the current tune and log for more reference,

Tuner in Training

need some help 2000 jimmy 4.3 VE and MAF tuning

jimmy retune 3.hpl hello again i got my fuel pressure issues addressed and started doing some VE table tuning , i have done 3 adjustments to VE so far but was wondering when its time for MAF tuning where do i disable high rpm newest jimmy started VE table tuning.hpt under dynamic its not there, so i was wondering how i go about doing this, thank you for anymore info on this.

Tuner in Training
    nevermind i did some research and reading and i guess that it uses mostly MAF calculations at all rpms unless MAF failure, so ill just tune the MAF error and that should hopefully yield results.

Change your PE delay to 0 rpm to get rid of the PE delay.

Russ Kemp