Thread: Timing with e10

Advanced Tuner

Timing with e10

Hey guys, just after some advice with E10 tuning a vyss commodore with cam/heads etc....With PE is .40-.50 deeper in AFR a good starting point ...say with unleaded 98 octane it made peak power at 12.71 afr 0.86-.0.87 LAMBDA... so for a SAFE PE I have changed it to 12.29afr 0.86-0.87 LAMBDA......and with timing I have added a extra 2* SO with E10 what timing/PE changes have you guys done and seen? I know once it hits the dyno I will see...cheers Bret

I haven't noticed any gains richening it up to a lower lambda and all of our pump fuel in the area is E10. I pushed the value from 12.3-13.0 with no significant changes in torque up top. Would have to put E0 in and retune to know the difference in what the engine likes.

Let us know if you see anything different.

Cheers....also Bret with one T
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Advanced Tuner
    Special one hehe....thanks blownbluez06, running this week on friends dyno see what it likes....sent ya some info also dude cheers Bret