Thread: VE Tuning Difficulties

VE Tuning Difficulties

As you're about to see, I'm just getting started with HPT and am having trouble with one of the most basic calibrations: VE. I've run this thing a dozen times (literally) and it is just not getting any better. AFR stays at ~.95 Lambda throughout the rpm range. It idles slightly rough but seems to run okay once underway, besides the obvious rich condition. It also wants to stall after a neutral rev.

Specifics:
    2004 Silverado 5.3 on E85 (prob E70 currently so stoich set at 10.7)
    220/220 .581/.581 114 LSA
    Long tubes w/ ORY
    CAI

I started by using the VE - Wideband O2 histogram but quickly realized it was taking me the wrong direction. So in frustration, I changed to the VE - STFT histogram but seem to have hit a wall. Copy - Paste Special Multiply ad nauseam.

I've been chasing this for the past 2 days and after countless gallons of fuel and no real progress have finally resigned myself to asking for help. I'm certain I must be overlooking some fundamental element here but obviously don't know what.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I feel your pain, I can't seem to get the "basic" MAF and VE tuning dialed in either. People are starting to wonder about the black Camaro driving slowly in rural neighborhoods or parked on the side of the road with me buried into the laptop. Strange thing is, no matter how far off all the numbers seem the car still runs great. Uber frustrating!
    Current Project: 1969 Daytona Yellow Camaro LS2/T56 swap. 2006 GTO LS2/T56, LT headers, 3" dual exhaust, Custom ground cam, Vintage Air, New Vintage 1969 gauges, 3:55 gears, custom aluminum radiator/shroud/airbox and more, HP tune (in the works), etc...

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    change a couple of things

under dynamic HIGH RPM DISABLE change to 12800

Fuel POWER ENRICH
    EQ ratio to 1.2 to target a 12.23 AFR
    Ramp in change to 1.2
    PE Throttle Pedal change to 50% HOT AND COLD
    PE enable
    MAP TO 70 kpa

That should solve a big part of your fueling
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Haha! I was out on a logging run and noticed an old lady staring at me with her fingers in her ears!
    Ron

Advanced Tuner
    Agree that the PE section is messed up, there is no PE. Maybe on purpose? If so, don't go WOT.
    Also noted from the logs, in closed loop cruising, the trims are not that bad. But you show rich.
    I'm wondering if your stoich value is correct?
    Have you actually measured the ethanol percentage?

Ron

Ron
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

Thanks guys, especially you Peter Burger. LOL.

The PE is temporarily set to 1.0 as this was specified in the VE tutorial I have been following. Definitely no WOT. I also wondered about stoich value, but I expected the copy and paste routine would reel in the AFR.

SHMT: Thank you. I'm going to try these changes but am a bit confused. Is this going to affect idle and cruise fueling? If I understand, these changes will only modify PE fueling?